2015 JVtut: A star in Paris - (New tutorial every Tuesday)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54HkBJehoU
Tutorial 3 is now on Youtube! Thanks for watching and as always good luck with learning the trick everybody :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes, iā€™ve been waiting for this tut for century. now i can do it. thanks alot man

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

Seriously Iā€™ve always had trouble with ph lacerationā€¦

Your tutorial cleared all gray spots and helped me a lot. Thanks!

:slight_smile: Iā€™m glad my tutorial helped you for this trick, I used to have also a lot of problem with the Paul Han laceration so I can spot the difficulties of the trick to make them more easier to learn.

best tut ever ^^

Well done!
I like how your tutorials are to the point. Future tutorials could maybe use a little more description on the technical parts of the trick. However the tricks in the tutorials youā€™ve made so far are more about getting the rhythem of the trick down, not understanding every little movement of the string.

Keep it up bro! I finally learned paul han lacerations and Im stoked :slight_smile:

PS. those recapulation things are supppper helpful. I like being able to read the description and watch the trick at the same time. AWESOME

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: I always try to make the step description the shortest as possible with enough information to be understandable by the people who are learning the trick. Also sometimes I reccommend to pause the video when youā€™re at the recapitulation section, because the text is changing quite fast. Iā€™m glad you like my tutorials! Just a quick reminder this friday is going to be the Hipster Whips tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5GDzQfrniw
Tutorial 4 is now on youtube :)! Thanks for watching and good luck with learning the trick everybody!

1 Like

this is hard! thanks for the tut :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :o 8) ::slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :-X :-*

This tut is awesome. Iā€™ve been wanting to learn ā€œHipster Whipsā€ since I first saw ___ whatever his name was doing them. I see a lot of players do them. Itā€™s easy to figure outā€¦but the tutorial answers any question youā€™d have on them. Now Iā€™ll actually get around to learning it.

Thanks again Alexis! Canā€™t wait to see what you have in store next!

lol i cant do this trick.

I cant do the whipping motion and move the yoyo around at the same time.

it seems that i cant get the string to keep up with the yoyo. even though Iā€™m moving my wrist the string flops down and doesnā€™t ā€œwhipā€. This happens after about two revolutions of the string. Also, my string becomes all tangled even though i have perfect tention. its so weird!

Thanks man for the kind words! Iā€™m glad you learned the trick, I worked pretty hard on this one to make it the easier as possible to be learned. I have a lot more of nice tricks to teach :slight_smile:

This trick needs a lot of practice and itā€™s a pretty hard one also. Try to practice 1 element at the time, for example start with only the circular motion with the whip, then move on with the circular motion of the yoyo. Once you get comfortable with both of them, combine them together.

Still working on this one, great tut.

I love you for putting up the Hipster Whips tutorial. I have been dying to learn these for a long time.

Thanks guys! Iā€™m glad that a lot of yoyo players wanted to learn this trick, :slight_smile: itā€™s probably going to be a popular trick during the next year haha. That would be cool.

Why is it that my yoyo tilts when i start to do the inside outside part? i can do a 3 beat weave in poi, but i cant do this xD

dude the same thing is happeneing to me!! my yoyo starts to tilt and my string starts to tangle and then i give up :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s probably because the yoyo doesnā€™t spin fast enough, or the yoyo is already a bit tilted when you start the trick. Make sure to throw a pretty hard front throw and that the yoyo ainā€™t tilted at the beginning. I hope these tips will help you. Itā€™s a hard trick and need practice, itā€™s pretty rare that I see someone got it for the first try lol.

Ill try when i get home