2012 Worlds

For those of you who have been before, what’s each day like? Is it competitions most of the day, lots of hanging out, are there vendors and things to buy, what about workshops, speakers, etc.? Is it a formal vibe or informal? Is there a banquet of any kind or do people just figure out where and when to eat on their own?

I’m a bit older than some of you guys…will I be the only person there over the age of 35?

Thanks.

It’s a ton of fun. Super casual. Several vendors, plus tons of people selling and trading on their own. There are workshops, seminars, all kinds of stuff. There’s also a cookout at Lucky’s house, and it’s totally worth going. Check the site for more details. And I’m 35, and I go every year. There are lots of older throwers, so no worries!

yeah, it’s a really fun casual thing. There are tons of people hanging around, yoyoing, talking, trading. Then there are a bunch of vendors all around the big ballroom thing. They had these two podium… platform things at the back where they had the latter contests. Then pretty much all throughout the day they had some contest or another. Unfortunately when I was there I didn’t go to any of the workshops, but those are all held upstairs.
There’s no banquet, but lucky’s bbq is free this year with the purchase of your ticket. so you have that. Other than that though, you have to get your own food. The hotel has a snack place with chips, drinks, some hot food like pizza and chicken strips. But there are a LOT of restaurants nearby.
One thing I would recommend though is bringing cash for yoyos. Most of the vendors don’t accept credit card, and the ATM in the hotel has a $3 charge for withdrawal.

1 Like

Thanks guys…most helpful.

Kyle Derry is also gonna be there. I just registered the other day and it’s also the 3rd year in a row since Kimmitt took it in '10.

That sucks you heard people won’t be there, I really hope it doesn’t turn out that way. Oh and word to all the sponsored players competing: Start working on consistency now! Last year was kind of a bummer with everyone messing up their finals routines. I’m so excited to see how it turns out though, and whether or not Marcus can defend his title.

Also: Is anyone else bummed to already know what the SE yoyo is? Last year I got to register before finding out it was the CODE1, and I was psyched, but this time I didn’t even get to register before someone posted the link and I followed it. I’m still excited to play it, it’s just not the same as having that surprise on contest day.

1A preliminaries take palace on Thursday and Friday. Finals for 1A saturday night.
2A preliminaries on Thursday, finals on Friday night.

One day is your choice of day, you choose when you get there.

I hope I’ve answered everything to your satisfaction.

-GRegory Cohen.
Chariman 2012 WYYC.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM, World Yo-Yo Contest worldyoyo@pd.net wrote:
Omar  sent a message using the contact form at
2012 World Yo-Yo Contest.

Hello

I would like to know what day well the 1a and 2a events well be held?
When I do register for a floor pass for the event and pay for the event of 1
day does cover any one day that I would arrive ?

www.worldyoyocontest.com - The World Yo-Yo Contest

I would like to inform everyone that my great friend Zammy Ickler will be attending Worlds this year as well.

It was up in the air for a good amount of time, but I’m very happy to say that after much debate, he will be staying with me and be present in all of the good times that will be had!

I’m going to worlds! First worlds and so pumped!
I’m only gonna be there for the second and third day, but I’ll be there!

I’d love to go… If I didn’t live in New Jersey :frowning:

Just adding that I’d love to meet up with any of you, (2nd and 3rd day).
I’ll try to remember to wear a grey shirt with a Coca-Cola logo on it. Look out for me! :slight_smile:

I’m going alone to worlds but I’m getting a 2 bed room so if someone wants to split a room hit me up

Awh yeah, my first time but my mom (somehow) got us hotel reservations where its being held for the whole worlds and the day before :smiley: Even though it said it was booked.

i will be going this will be the 3rd worlds i will be wearing a gray ir pad t shirt. I will be competing in 1a and 3a just hit me up if you want to hang. Also Oliver how is that Double Joker lol…

I believe I will be going this year after missing the last two! Can’t wait!

Does anyone know If ESPN is covering worlds this year?

i HIGHLY doubt it…

Do they normally??

I won’t be attending sadly to say due to my money budgets, but I will be attending worlds. I wish that everyone that attends enjoys themselves and I wish them luck(if they are competing). I will be attending nationals though.

Is what we do considered a sport? haha
I’m guessing one of the sponsors will have a live feed of the event.
I think florida’s local news did a little bit of a story on it last year too. Some woman walked up to me with a cameraman and asked if I chose the clothes I was wearing for a specific reason to help perform, or something like that.
I didn’t know a tshirt a jeans could help you yoyo better, but whatever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, skinny jeans make leg wrap trap way easier, duh.