20 Titanium YoYos - My collection (With pictures!)

I would hope to hear that you also kept your beloved Ti-Walker too? :grimacing:

I have the Ti-Vayder and love it. It is likely to be the only titanium that I will own for the foreseeable future. I am curious to know what you thought about the Ti-Vayder in comparison to the Ti-Walker - especially since it incorporated the revisions that you suggested.

Based on what i have thrown in my collection, I totally agree with what you are communicating here. My G2 Reaper and even YYF 2015 Genesis can definitely keep up performance-wise with the Ti-Vayder and my Edge 1.5 and Grasshopper GTX certainly outperform it.

But I also feel that there is something unique about the feel of a titanium yoyo. Looking specifically at the Ti-Vayder (I am limited here, it is the only Ti that I have thrown), even if it isn’t the highest performer, it still has more than enough power (a lot actually) and is very stable but also has a unique play feel that is both exhilarating and fun. I think @HVizier described it very well (here): “It without a doubt has that balance of light and heavy, competition and fun, and overall performance that the Ti Walker is so well known for.” To me, it has a similar feel to the OD Cascade (one of my favourites and a really unique throw in my collection) but takes it to the next level as lighter, more powerful and more stable. So overall, I feel that there is still value in making and throwing titanium yo-yos and that it remains a meaningful medium in yoyocraft.

5 Likes