Titaniums 😊

What titanium yoyos do you believe truly take advantage of the properties that come about by being made of titanium?

I have only tried the TiMe so I have no room too add to the discussion.

4 Likes

any with jefferys special coatings (AMS, ultramatte), as they can’t be done on any material except titanium.

6 Likes

I have quite a few titanium’s and would say its more of a feel thing as well as sound. They all have their own personalities. Way more than the bimetals I would say. (at least the ones I have)
my Vosun TiPs surprised me the most being extremely stable, smooth, long spinning and lower price $200.
The 000 is really cool and plays excellent. The Heirloom is bimetal ti and very similar to the TiPs, slightly smaller diameter. Has more character for some reason.
Ti Hawk is just right-weight and size, Ti Peak is comfy lighter and similar to the original peak.
I still love the feel and spin time of my Aurora my first Ti.

however the Tiss Hummingbird is better than all of them…(bit thats bimetal and OT). JMO.

6 Likes

Titanium and aluminium 7075 are different right?

3 Likes

Yes they are totally unrelated metals…? Like on the periodic chart of elements?

12 Likes

try one for yourself at a club or contest, and then understand their speciality.

The main thing i like about ti yoyos is the sound lol. when you do a pingy bind, it feels awesome

11 Likes

Ti Cadence feels very different than the 6061 Cadence. Seems like SF used the ti to its max on this one. Gotta love that ting sound on the binds too!

8 Likes

It is strong enough to have paper thin walls (not actually that thin but you get me) so you can have less center weight, things like the Fulvia BTM are made possible with Titanium.

4 Likes

I love the ti cadence

6 Likes

Cadence is of what company?

3 Likes

SF yo-yos

4 Likes

So this looks like a good place to ask this question I’ve had a for awhile. From what I’ve seen pros and others in competitions do not seem to use titanium. (Correct me if I’m wrong about that I have not watched a ton of competitions) If these are good enough to warrant a $300+ price why don’t pros use them? Are they just not great for competitions?

3 Likes

specific weight of 7075 is 2,72, Titanium is 4,5
They are very different.
In my opinion the specific weight is to hight for yoyos.
A 65 gram, feel like a 70 or over.

7 Likes

Titanium is an amazing material, expensive and amazing, totally useless in yoyos. It’s like a golden watch.

Titanium has an excellent yield strength, but in the game, this quality is useless.

8 Likes

Thank you that makes sense👍

3 Likes

I hated the aurora, big box though, only throw i regret buying. I’m more of a B.S.P. guy myself. Really love my Sov.

3 Likes

agreed the Heirloom just has something special about it

2 Likes

TiSS Hummingbird pushed the limits to the edge with 0.5mm thick walls. And those amazingballs coatings that can be done on Ti. AMS, UltraMatts, and these new techniques used on the TiSS.

5 Likes

Blasphemy! I love my Aurora😂

3 Likes

Yeah dude I loved mine and wish I hadn’t sold it. But the Aurora, I’m learning, is apparently a love-it-or-hate-it yoyo

3 Likes