Zipline strings

I have had the same experience from Executive Class Lite, Skyline III and G2 Diamond Blend.

Prestige is not as long lasting, at least to the extent that it looks new.

I’ve also tried EP20/20, Business Class, Smoothie and Slushy.

IME, they all have their pros, but the crazy longevity is correlated to nylon content.

5 Likes

Same for me. That’s what I’ve been using since the beginning of the month and I’m on the same string. Just washed it cuz it was srarting to look a little dingy. It looks brand new again. I was going through 1 kitty fat first class about every day or two previously. I also like the thickness of the executive better. Because i liked kitty fat i thought I’d like my skylines better but i really havent played anything else since i started using the exec class one

4 Likes

I would love to try the Executive Class Lite. I’ve never purchased from Zipline, but it doesn’t look like they’re producing them anymore. How do the Skylines compare?

Thankfully I’ve got to try a few of their strings through the BST, but I still think Sochi Fat is my favorite available string at this point (though business class is similar). One string has endured my casual play (~5hrs/week) for about 2 months. Just now fraying to the point I want to change it.

3 Likes

Im almost positive they arent halting executive class. I tried to stay away from buying any on that list so i wouldnt get hooked and then disappointed when i couldnt get more. Skylines are nice too but thicker. They’re more like kitty fat

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Accel or GT13? I’m currently addicted the the Business Class, but might want to try these.

Prestige is so nice in slim responsives with fat pads. I urge anyone with a Mijo/Tio to try some before its gone.

5 Likes

They are still producing and will continue to sell Executive Class. They just sold out… I think because of this thread…:rofl::rofl:
Anyways. There is more in stock right now. Restocks are on the first Friday of each month. I didn’t mess around this time… I got my Lavender Execs and some of the new Airetec 100%Nylons. So stoked!!
Get them while you can, something tells me they’re gonna sell out again. :rofl:

6 Likes

just to clarify it actually changes, its the first Friday of every month

they gave me a sample of one of these with my last order and my daughter liked the color so i let her size it for her yoyo but when i helped her wind it once i was like hold up this feels really nice lol so i grabbed a pack this time to give it a go

4 Likes

I edited the date in my comment. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Ya i went nuts yesterday and got a few samples of thier other strings… but grabbed 4 Executive and another Smoothie cause i absolutely love those 2.

5 Likes

Zipline is really good.

4 Likes

i only grabbed a couple packs this time. they last so long i figured i can only go through but 1 maybe 2 in a month and im trying to ride the line of only getting the strings i need to get by plus a couple bearings so that way i can grab a couple new throws at the end of one July :grin:

4 Likes

tried the new zs air. REALLY liking this string so far! its a little thicker than the execs. it’s what i had envisioned skylines to be. skylines turned out too thick for my liking but this is feeling awesome rn. time will tell if it unseats the execs as my favorites but they’re off to a good start! has anyone else tried them yet?

3 Likes

I’m digging them! They feel thicker than skylines to me. Which is weird cuz I think I remember Jeremy saying they are slightly thinner. Maybe I just haven’t stretched them enough? Either way, I think they’re awesome. I think I might still like skyline slightly more. It’s hard telling. I feel like skyline holds tension better but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Is the Executive Class string everyone raves about “Executive Class Lite” or is there a lite and non-lite version?

I want to stock up on some Prestige before they stop making it, so seems like a great opportunity to hop on the Zipline train! I’ve only ever tried Kot’n and Prestige.

3 Likes

Only lite. Executive class lite is bomb. And skyline 3. And zs air. I like skyline the best of the 3 personally, although zs air might dethrone it once I’ve had a little more time with it. It’s very good.

4 Likes

It’s Executive Class Lite. I think most people just leave the “lite” off.

2 Likes

haha I’m coming the other way. skylines were too thick so ive been using the execs but woa this zs air is niiiice! liking it more the more i play it. if it doesn’t dethrone the execs for me, they’ll be a VERY close second and it may come down more to which throw I’m putting it on since it seems not all throws get along with all strings

it is! if you like normal thickness the executives should work, skylines if you like thick, and it seems the new zs air is right in the middle

3 Likes

I definitely tend to err on the side of thicc. Maybe I’m a Skyliner after all.

Finally got to string up the Dreamland with some ZS.Air 100% nylon. So far I’ve liked Skyline the most for my unresponsives. The ZS.Air are noticeably different. Less bouncy and not quite as slippy. They also feel way more solid when you whip them. It makes me very curious about 100% silk strings. I like these quite a bit. I’m not sure that they’ll be completely replacing the Skylines but they certainly have a permanent spot in my inventory. :wink:

6 Likes