Zip lines & airetic vs string labs

Been using string labs for a while, but everyone is talking about these other 2 brands.
I looked them up, but they dont sell in 50 or 100 packs, which is what i always buy.
They claim they last 10 times as long. Is that really the case?

Zipline skylines and airetic do last 10 times longer. The polyester ziplines do not.

2 Likes

I don’t know about 10x, that seems like a stretch to me. But I would say that ZipLines do last longer depending on which kind you get. I am a fan of both YYSL and ZipLine strings and keep a pretty good supply of both on hand at all times. I’ve never tried Airetic strings, so I can’t speak to those.

BTW, the main reason ZipLine doesn’t sell in bulk is because they are a very small, family-run operation that doesn’t/can’t make strings in huge quantities. I try to keep my personal supply of Goldeneye (my favorite yoyo string) stocked up so I never run out, which means buying a pack or two every month.

2 Likes

I’ve had an Airetic string on one yoyo for about…3 months now

4 Likes

Nylon definitely lasts waaaaay longer than poly. I recently started using airetics and still have the same string on after 2 months so far, and it’s still fine

4 Likes

Im sponsored by airetic and love their product, but ill try to be as unbiased as I can and tell you my experiences.

I was a bulk poly player for 10 years, and started using airetic strings the past 3 or 4 months (100%nylon) these strings last a really long time. I believe ive only used 7 or so strings in that timespan, with about an hour of play per day on average. Airetics will take about an hour to get used to if you are a player that only use polyester like I have. It will feel “faster” for a while if that makes sense. The string is slicker than polyester, and ends up being really comforable to the point where polyester feels really rough. Its a lot whippier than polyester as well, so your slack movements wont take as much force to get the job done. They also last incredibly long. I think the longest one has lasted for me was a month.

Airetic sells 2 different kinds of nylon. Their standard string, and their slim string. Standard is their baseline product, and slim is the same thing but with less strands, so the slim can handle more wraps. I personally prefer the slim, but both are amazing product.

Airetic just had a drop on their website with some amazing colors. I cant link them here, but I just bought some orange delilah, coastal blue, and some pink hyperglos.

Airetic also has their own response pads now in the standard 19mm and a slim OneDrop pad size, and both of those are amazing. They also sell bearings but I haven’t tried them as of now. They are concaved with a centering groove.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

2 Likes

I had to smile a little about not being included in the small maker category. It’s only me and a helper, we just have it fine tuned. :blush:

@dizzo Try out one of their small packs. Variety is the spice of life. With everything we do to try and find great playing yoyos, getting a great feeling/playing string helps for the overall experience (probably over longevity within reason).

11 Likes

Thanks for explaining this string quality (whippiness)! As someone learning alone and new to yo-yo and string selection, this has been one of the string descriptions I didn’t understand.

2 Likes

No problem! Its actually crazy. The first time i did some whips with it i hit a double brent stole and a double beefhook thinking it would take the same strength as polyester

3 Likes

I’m a noob, just getting ready to start learning slack tricks. While I realize it always comes down to the individual, do you think it’s better to learn slack tricks with one or the other type of string? (It seems like nylon would make it easier but I don’t like going easy on myself, especially now when I’m building my foundations. And maybe I’m wrong about nylon making it easier? :thinking:)

3 Likes

Never heard of these!

3 Likes

Theyre just a brent stole /beefhook with one extra wrap around the finger.

1 Like

I dont think its harder or easier with any type of string. Id say whatever you choose try to be consistent with that string type, because each string type behaves a little differently with slacks.

So I got some airetics and they sure are fast! Very soft. I think im going to have to start doing something with the knot as they come loose very easy.
My one complaint is that if I do a gt suicide, the opening seems to close. Doesnt stay as open as poly does. Anyone else find this true? Maybe ill get used to it?
Nice string, but im still on the fence.

4 Likes

Glad you tried it! For the knot, you can put rosin puck on it or thered a way to double knot it or something, I think G2 Nate has a tut for it.

Not sure about triangle suicides, but im assuming its because the string is whippier

This is also my only complaint. Suicides in general are a little bit tougher with them, but for me, the pros far outweigh the cons to the point I pretty much stopped using poly.

It’s a finch head knot. Works really well, but it can get uncomfortably tight at times. Definitely worth trying, though. I’d recommend trying that as well as rosin.

2 Likes

I’ve only tried the zip lines that came in the registration pack for the Battle of the Ancients. They were very nice. However, my personal preference is the YYSL Type X. Feel good on my hands, last long enough, and, I can buy a 100 pack and be set for quite some time.

2 Likes

Do a double slipknot: Tie another slipknot with the first slipknot. You’ll have to work it around the knot in the string as you cinch it around the string, and then the first slipknot will tighten around the string enough that it will not budge unless you slide it up or down with your fingers.

1 Like

Ah thanks. Ive never had to use it and forgot what it was called.

2 Likes