What strings last a long time

Hi Guys! I have been thinking about trying a new type of yoyo string. I normally use 100% polyester yoyoexpert string and in doesn’t give me more than about an hour of play time before I have to change it. What kinds of string do you guys recommend that would last a long time and hold tension the longest?? I have heard good things about toxic and kitty string but I am open to all suggestions. I usually do 3 hours of intense practice sessions and I am getting tired of changing my strings every 45 minutes. LOL.

5 Likes

ZipLine strings have very good longevity.

6 Likes

I have a lot of imperfect throws - lots of string friction - even so, I used a Markmont string - Rebby for 2 months and it still feels great. I never threw for 3 hrs a day though.

4 Likes

Second this. There are other brands that are spoken of highly, but I use ZipLines only. I have yet to throw any away and I’ve been using some for a couple of months now.

5 Likes

I love my Ziplines but haven’t used one for an extended period of time yet. You can buy single strings from the Zipline store - just to test something out.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I didn’t think I would get so many fast responses.

2 Likes

@Yo-yoislife markmont formula string but i also make my own string now that last incredibly long

5 Likes

Yes markmont strings do last a long time and there is variety of different options and you can get it longer if you want longer string.

3 Likes

I find Markmont. strings last a very long time, I have “65” and nightmoves they last forever and come back well after a washing. Zipline also last a long time. The Ziplines I have tried are Prestiege and Smoothie. However, my go to string is yoyo string lab Type X. I find it lasts and holds color. I tend to use it until I get frustrated that is has stopped holding neutral torsion, which is after hours of play.

6 Likes

yeah i yoyo about 3-5 hours every day and i use my string and it lasts around 3-4 weeks b4 i give it to my sister to use cuz she is only doing rlly simple tricks like rock the baby and such

1 Like

I thought about trying out some yoyo string lab strings but how many days can you get with one string and how long are they, the string I am thinking about trying are the Plutonium string and how thick are they compared to normal thickness strings.

1 Like

I just measured a new Type X from my string box. It is 48” from knot to end, unstretched.

I play my strings until they are pretty lifeless and I get a lot of playtime out of them. I’m sorry not to have a better life answer for the strings, but, probably my biggest yoyo ‘sin’ is leaving using a string well past what other players feel good about.

7 Likes

thanks for answering my questions

1 Like

happy to help, sorry about not having a better answer for how long do they last. Maybe @MattB has better insight on longevity based on what he hears from his sponsored players?

4 Likes

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

3 Likes

I don’t hear about string life from the top players. I like to make a quality, lasting string, but think performance and feel is more important to them.

I had a table set up at a California competition, because I felt that if people just got a chance to try it, they would feel the difference. Ann walked up to the table where I had free samples and also packs for sale. She tried out a sample and then bought some. (I imagine Ann had ample supply and didn’t need to buy any string.)

12 Likes

That is pretty cool. I agree, Ann or Evan or Erik probably have people lining up asking them to try string.

My yoyo history may be off, but, I consider you to be very close to the start of the “boutique” string explosion we have seen. I’ve posted this before, I make my own cotton string, however, when I tried poly, I realized I wasn’t making a string I enjoyed using as much as Type X.

2 Likes

All the strings mentioned above have longer life span than bulk poly, in my experience, especially markmont. Airetic strings last a long time also.

2 Likes

Gsimian lit the fuse. Angel Hair, Gator, Toxic and others were there as I recall.

3 Likes

Even with throwing a lot every single day, I managed to make one 50 pack of ammo last a whole year. Then when I ran out I bought another 50 pack

7 Likes