YYJ speed bearing shields

Morning,
I’ve got a DM2 with the YYJ regular bearing installed at this time. I’m still learning, so i’m still needing responsivness when i throw. I have discovered that i need more of a gap for my string tricks. The yo yo seems to die out on me once i start adding strings after the first throw. I have ordered shims, but they won’t be here until next week. So i installed the speed bearing to increase the gap, it helps with my tricks now, but i’m not getting the binding thing yet. Can I remove the shields on the speed bearing, use YYJ thick lube, and get it responsive until my shims get in? I will need the speed bearing in the future, but right now i need more gap than spin.

Thanks all, have a good day.

Yes you can. What you need to do is get a needle and get it under the lip that the C-clip that holds the shield on. There will be a gap between both ends of the clip, work the needle in there and carefully pop the C-clip, they can fly away on you if you aren’t careful. Once its off just lube it up. You may find that you wont need the shims for the other bearing anymore once you start playing w/ the normal C bearing. Hope that helped ;D

personally I wouldnt take off the shields. It goes just fine without

yes you can and thats agreat idea.Work on and Good Luck!

you dont need to take off the shields to lube the bearing. you once you want to get responsive, then just get some thin lube. thinlube breaks down thick lube and then adds a little bit of lube to not burn out the bearing.

Here’s my update. I took the shields off and put in thick lube. the gap helped. When i got the shims i took out the speed bearing, put in the other bearing, put one red shim and one grey shim in. I put 2 small needle sized drops of thick lube and I’m good. The gap is just right, the bearing is at the right state for me, and i’m moving on thru some tricks. Thanks for all the responses.

“this stuff is cooler than nitrogen ice cubes”

Ike

I know you cant be 50… You seem cool and knowing about yoyos, not like my 50 year old parents…