Yyj quest

Does the Quest even need to be made of delrin and do the weight rings even need to be bronze as well?

?

Clearly, yes.

Delrin is a bit more forviging over metal when it comes to dings, nicks, scrapes and scratches, so it will look newer and nicer longer as well as take less damage. Does he ever grind? He moves so darn fast, I canā€™t tell.

The weight rights were no doubt done to focus weight where it was felt to be able to offer the greatest benefit to stability.

So, yes. The Destiny was polycarbonate with metal rims. I think he felt he needed some major change to get what he was after.

Iā€™ve got a bunch of Delrin throws. Itā€™s a nice material

1 Like

the destiny is amazing

Than I think buying the Quest might be worth that price

But really the art on those caps ruins it.

2 Likes

Take em out than

Well duh. But thatā€™s kinda like, ā€œDonā€™t like the rims? Put on the spares.ā€ I like caps, and I like having a good cap design. The Quest, while being absolutely gorgeous in pretty much every aspect, in my opinion, it simply has a cap design that detracts from the rest of the yoyo.

Plus the solid spin is also pretty ugly so taking out the caps isnā€™t changing much. If I get this yoyo, my solution would be to take out the caps and pop on the delrin caps.

I agree the price point is high, but visiting the factory you can see the work put in. Delrin is expensive and hard to work with and in addition the bronze ring brings price and stability to the mix. It is a very smooth hand crafted throw well worth the price. Another website I wonā€™t name comes with the caps.

Your obviously a YYJ fan, welcome brother. :slight_smile: itā€™s true Delrin is extremely hard to work with, and the weight rings are pretty nice, but they need new colors. Thatā€™s the only thing that really bothers me, the color.

you should look up how to dye Deleon and youā€™ll be set

Or a yoyojam apprentice. Thatā€™s mike goody your talking to.