Need ideas. Looking for something new

What’s happening dudes.

I’ve been given a yye gift card for my birthday, so I want to spend it. However I don’t currently have yoyo envy, or must get this now problems.
So I’m coming to you all for your vast source of knowledge.

I’m looking for something non-standard but plays really well. I typically trend toward organic, so I want something a little different. Possible an H shape would be cool.
I’d like something with neato undercuts or cuts that make it stand out, or a shape that isn’t a typical cookie cutter, most likely a bi metal. I’m currently eyeing the Klondike however that’s pretty cookie cutter…

Also something standard size and oversized is preferable! I’ve got a sasquatch and the wizard so I don’t need more lol!

Let’s say the price limit is $150

Thank you for your time! You rock!

5 Likes

The yyfr tankette plays incredibly solid yet super light thanks to its massive rims and 51g mass. Not sure if anything is quite like it besides maybe the parallel (tho it’s 56g)

4 Likes

I’ve played the tankette before, it’s in my maybe pile. It’s really light!

Idk I’ve been stuck on wanting a jade but that’s organic. I’ve got nothing for h

2 Likes

I mean don’t get me wrong. I LOVE a nice organic especially if it’s heavy!
Let me look at the jade.

I was kind of wanting a wild but they’re out of stock for anything that’s not raw so that’s a no go lol

Ohhhh hybrid. Organic. Hmmmmmm mm that’s now in my maybe but almost probably going to happen pile now.

1 Like

The FRS Black Canon is non-standard and not organic (to say the least), but plays well. Its a challenging (but IMO rewarding) yo-yo.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting! It looks like a slimline?

1 Like

It is definitely slim.

3 Likes

Oooh fun! Ill look through the store to see what i can buy vicariously through you when I have time after work :laughing:.

2 Likes

yeah… same bucket for me too. my 800 dollar yye cart i can’t afford but wish i could buy would need to come with something for back support as ill be on the couch for a while if i click buy now.

3 Likes

You could always go with the H-est of H-es, the OD Aitch. I’m not sure if they are in stock on YYE tho

Hot take: they are not

4 Likes

Aitch could have been a good option if the Black Canon was a bridge too far.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking st that model for a while! But like you Said it’s jot on yye :frowning:

Okay, keep in mind ive never thrown these just my shopping list if I had your money lol

At about $150 id consider the Yoyofriends Tiny.

At around $135 id look at the C3 Krown or the Mowl M+.

Ive heard great stuff about the Motion Parallel but its out of stock. At $120 this would likely be my choice and use the extra $30 for something else.

The C3 Trion Crash is on sale for $120, thats probably a good deal. ($170 msrp).

Yoyofriends has other more expensive bimetals, but id shoot for the Peregrine at $109 if not the Tiny at $150 like I mentioned earlier. (Skipping the humming bird).

Speedaholic Max is $100 (You can probably tell I have good opinions on C3 lol).

The Edge Beyond is probably a good option also at $100 considering affiliation with evan nagao.

Yoyofriends Papercut at 90 is interesting but id probably bump up to something else myself.

Dont know anything about it, but grasshopper gtx seems worth some research at $80.

Mowl M is $70. Leaves plent for more throws. One drop Panorama and Still Rolling are around that price too.

Freehand 2 AL is $65. Probably a sweet yoyo id get it if i could, 100%. The duncan Bumblebee is around there if you are looking at slim instead but id rather own the freehand myself. Freehand mini is also around there. I might actually rather the mini than the full freehabd but thats just taste.

Speedaholic FX at 60 is probably sweet. I have the Speedaholic XX and its my favorite plastic yoyo. If i got a plastic-metal hybrid, it would be the FX.

Kanto is $55. Interesting slimline at this range.

That new Ann Bubak yoyo is $45. Not sure if its good but its beautiful, im guessing it will be good though at least on par.

Focus z01 is a nice bimetal at $40 (My only one, but i love it its great).

Cyber Crash 2 or Bastet at 35 (Id rather get the focus though since its bimetal for $5 extra).

Shuriken Roppo looks like a nice V shape for that same price.

La Paz yoyo is on sale at $30, it caught my eye.

Speedaholic XX if you want a plastic around $30. Love this thing over my other plastics, more than the shooting star. The Yoyofriends dove is more expensive but also worth looking at if you are shopping plastics.

Recluse and Halberd are nice at $20, but honestly i havent found much special about my recluse other than it just being a solid yoyo for the price and not too heavy.

Cheapest yoyo i can say is interesting is the Skyva at $12.

Dude! Nice list!
I have a few of these, and some are too small, like the tiny. It’s small lol.

But I completely forgot about the m+ I’m going to look at that and the trion crash! I absolutely love my c3 throws. I was looking at possibly the galaxy diver or pay some extra moneys and get the galaxy dinosaur. I ought even yo into the other bimetal crash family too!

And I have a recluse too, I really like it I do wosh it was a little heavier.

I’m also leaning toward the jade and a couple cws right now. Still open though!

2 Likes

Just get another Fat Tire 20/20…

2 Likes

Haha yeah man! Its almost tougher to choose when you have a big budget. Its like, one really really nice throw or a bunch of good ones.

All good choices though! I honestly havent found a yoyo i dont like though, except the stinky regular duncan butterfly i hate that thing. I take glee in beating it to death slowly :smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Galaxy Diver is fairly unique. The Hydrogen Crash and Plasma Crash are nice, and definitely a change of pace from organics.

2 Likes

They’re out of stock!

1 Like