YYJ Mini MoTu?

Any ideas on the YYJ Mini MoTu? Like is it worth it, spin time, layers, general info usually passed around,lol. Friend has one and I toyed with it for a bit, and I loved it, was thinking about buying one myself. I’m a fan of mini throws so that’s one of the main reasons, not sure why, just a speed play type person I guess.

I quite like the mini motu. Stock it has a very small gap though, so usually needs a bit of work if you wish to play completely unresponsive.

Other options for mini throws. Onedrop dingos are a very fun mini throw. If you can pick up a flowgroove onedrop M1 in buy/sell/trade, they’re fantstic. Second hand M1’s often go for very good prices.

If you like the Motu though… maybe you’ve already found your muse :slight_smile:

It is very small and kind of snaggy but after you put in some shims it’s fine

if u could try a speeder with shims their nice. They are narrow but have a good gap. plus they are hiriyoki’s speed fav.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Do any have to be recessed for for silicone or what?

I have never siliconed my Mini Mo-Tu, but recesses that hold a O-ring can hold silicone, so yes, it should hold silicone. Also here is my review on it just to add some more insight on it- YYJ Mini Mo-Tu Review By: LazyThrower - Yo-Yo Reviews - YoYoExpert Forums :slight_smile:

also, most yoyojam yoyos that use an o ring easily hold silicon without being recessed. and also, for any yoyojam that uses an o ring, you can by silicon slattened o ring online. their $1 for two

How about the mini mu-tricks (I think I spelled it wrong) are they both the same

it mo-trix and that is the older version of the motu

I have a mini motu and I really like it. It plays extremely well with silicone and shims. Granted it’s small, but it is easy to carry. It has very good spin time, and can handle any trick. It’s just the size that sets it apart.

i have a minimoto i love it

Thanks for the info people, ordered the Mini MoTu yesterday, along with some lube and two bundles of string. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Along with a friend gave me a konkave bearing, he said he didn’t like it at all so I figured I’d give it a shot and get my take on the idea as well. So yay! ;D

I think Yomega Mavericks and Dashes are perfect undersized yoyos! Both are fantastic because they can handle any string trick thrown at them. I prefer them over some higher end yoyos because for their price you just cant beat them. Stock they both play amazingly smooth. The bearing takes a bit to break in but after a while its smooth sailing. They will do any grind too. Also on a plus note, I play with mine all the time and i recently got a ding in my maverick. I called Yomega and asked if they could do anything for me and they sent me a new half for free! they also sent me a lot of string and a new bearing, spacer set, and response pads! I siliconed mine anyways so if that is done there completely unresponsive and they play like an 80 dollar yoyo. i suggest you pick up 1!!

Don’t get it
its old and there are lots of better yoyos out there
it was good for its time but, so don’t diss