YYJ Inspire/Speeder 2

I know it just came out, but has anybody played an Inspire yet? It looks really nice and I’m think about getting it.

EDIT: Or I may get the Speeder 2. What do you guys think about that one?

Or possibly both. I don’t know.

I’ve heard from people I know that the Inspire plays fantastic! They had a chance to try it at Worlds and everyone I’ve approached was impressed.
I recently won the YYJ Facebook contest during Worlds weekend and I requested for an Inspire [along with others] so I can’t wait to get that on my hands :smiley:

The inspire MURDERS alot of my throws.
Including my Berserker.
That says alot

I have the Speeder 2 and I love it. I think this yoyo shouldn’t come with the thin bearing, it’s just freakin’ awesome. I popped a KK in there and this yoyo totally springs to live. It plays amazing for a plastic.

I haven’t played the Inspire. It’s not a model currently on my wants list. I do expect that to change. it’s just too new. But, I was turned off by the Vex until I received one. I didn’t like it at first, so I kept playing it and it really grows on you. The Chaser, on the other hand, I liked immediately and it’s I think the yoyo that the Inspire, Next Level and Vexed all come from, or at least a series based on a similar design. I think the differences are materials and how the weight is distributed.

The Next Level is a model I’m motivated to get. The Inspire might be soon too.

Of course, I am partial to YYJ.

Now, without having played an Inspire, for the price, it’s a better value than the Speeder 2. But these are also different yoyos, different shapes and will perform very differently. I like different.

I just got my inspire yesterday, so I haven’t had much time with it. I can give some initial thoughts though.

It feels surprisingly light to me. I expected more heft, but the weight is fairly evenly spread. The inspire pretty much changes what I expect with plastics. It doesn’t have that hollow feel that plastics typically have, even though it feels light to me it feels solidly put together.

It looks really good in person. The caps look good and the diamond finish is really neat looking. The diamond finish is really conductive to grinds, I can pop it up and do a finger grind with little loss of spin. I wish they had treated the weight rings though, as soon as they make skin contact it seems to get really grippy.

My initial feeling is the inspire plays fast. Due to the light feeling I found it to pop/hop easily, but still with good control. It seemed very maneuverable overall, following me rather than resisting sloppy play. I suppose that could be a plus or minus depending on what you’re looking for.

It looks and feels good with the caps unlike many yoyojams. I still want to try taking them out to see how it effects play. I have an initial feeling of wanting the inspire to have a bit more rim weight, but I just got it and really can’t say I’ve totally gotten a feel for it yet. I definitely want to see yoyojam start heading in this direction for future throws. This thing is nearly dead smooth.

Unfortunately I’ve never thrown a speeder to give you any comparison thoughts. Again, keep in mind that these inspire thoughts are based on like 20-30 minutes of playing.

The Chaser is thinner than the Inspire.