YYJ HEX - Modern DM with Titanium rings

Isn’t the Titan 3 retailing for around $130?

That’s a weird one. I mean, I have it, I love it, but it has this soft feel to it. It has a very different feel to it. Different in a good way. It reminds me of holding my Telefunken M80 mic in my hand, and the grip is a bit soft feeling.

YYJ is known for the use of different material. Lately, it seems most of their new 1A throws are doing some sort of weight right thing. There’s a whole series of yoyos with essentially the same shape, but have the weight ring in a different location and/or a different material, and these all seemed to come from the Chaser, then the Metal Chaser/Next Level.

The H3X is a break from that shape. I can’t wait to get this in my hands in a day or two.

In regards to price and the Ricochet:

Ignoring the Ricochet completely, and assuming you can afford what you want, price is merely a number to facilitate trade. All that matters is how the end user interprets the value they paid to the performance they get from the yoyo. Yeah, I feel the Anglam is worth every cent I paid for it. I feel the TI5 should have sold for around $120 based on how it performs, despite being a $345 titanium, as it’s a great performer, but I can’t really understand the price outside of “well, titanium is expensive”, because it is.

Other budget-oriented yoyos have blown me away. The RecRev Facade and Freq.Wav, C3 DIBase, and Capless… theres a few others. Heck, I’m playing a Classic most of the time these days because it’s so darn fun, and I carry it next to my Anglam in my YYE 5-pocket bag. I also have a V and a Phenom in there, and in the large pocket is a Dynasty, 2 Unleashed and right now a Bossman.

If you hate a yoyo, price is irrelevant. I’m not interested in the Ricochet, but a lot of people are buying it, and I hope every last person who gets one enjoys it a lot. In fact, I hope they enjoy it so much that they’ll be thinking “wow, $200? This is amazing! I’d have paid MORE for it!” I don’t want to see any yoyo model fail. I don’t want to see any yoyo brand fail either.

I took one look at the H3X and was like “Andre, take my money”. And like the good salesman he is, he did! I have a feeling I will fell I spent my money very well! I really enjoy Andre’s signatue throws, so I can’t imagine not liking this. One of these days I do have to get the Trinity though.

Let’s put it in in another perspective:
I had the opportunity to buy a General Yo Model 10. I chose the H3X. The Model 10 didn’t have a shape I really cared for. It didn’t call out to me. The H3X’s shape did, in fact it screamed out to me.

Wow. I really like the change that YYJ has been having with their latest yo-yo’s. From their Titan3, Quest, and now this Hex.

The whole H3X is grooved. Inside too.

The quest doesn’t have titanium. It’s Brass.

I went ahead and picked one up as well. It’s one of the first yoyos I’ve wanted to buy new since it came out.

I don’t know what it is, but I like the idea of Al yoyos with Ti rims. The Titan3 and the oxy syzergy (with YYJ’s permission). I can live with the price as well, which is half that of the oxy. I’m looking forward to it.

The H3X looks great! I’m really impressed with YYJ’s new stuff too. Every all-metal throw since the Diamondback looks awesome. :slight_smile:

edit: Nothing against their other throws, I’m only interested in all-metal throws.

I wonder how the Ti ring will work with finger grinds?

Not that it matters one way or another for me… still putting this one on my short list (unfortunately along with too many other great throws; can’t buy’em all!)

Usually where YYJ puts the grind rings is high enough to get under it for finger grinds, but low enough for arm grinds. Those rings look like they’ll be comfortable for grinds, like a Code 2 and other One Drops.

All I know is this thing looks sweet. I can’t wait to see other color combos.

Yeah, I was looking at this thing all day just because the engravings look like an old profile picture of mine. Finally when the ticker was around 24 minutes I noticed those grooves inside the cup and that was the last push I needed. Oh yeah, and might I say, I ordered the first H3X ever? Muahahha, I ordered it so quick, I came back from paypal, refreshed and it said 14. Indeed.

I still haven’t closed the page, I just keep looking at it. And it keeps looking back at me. I feel like seriously casting a H3X on me or something and I haven’t even received it yet.

I feel like I’m gonna get this yoyo, after a day of playing it I’ll it down on my desk and go to bed. I’ll open my eyes in the morning it’ll be a few inches from my face staring at me. Then I’ll lock it in a drawer or something and go to work, it’ll be waiting for me downstairs when I arrive home from work. If I ever try to trade it in the BST, it’ll magically show back up as a toy in a box of Lucky Charms a week later.

I’m gettin super stoked for this yoyo.

Those Iridescent Ti rings look wicked on that black ano.

Agreed. They are more impressive in person.

Do the inner grooves have any functionality to them or just aesthetics? I feel that these would slow down grinds. Looks very similar to the grooves in the new g2 triton coming out…

The grooves make for longer grind times as less surface area. If I am correct.

so just like the theory

Yes, but the whole yoyo has it, even on the inside. Just all over.

Yes, they do!

Well, looks like they’re gone. I hope we see more in that color. I just don’t have the extra cash right now. I didn’t even know about the H3X till yesterday, or I would have been more prepared. Hope I didn’t miss out. :-\

Not a huge YYJ fan (but who am I to judge, I’ve only played a DMII for a couple minutes), but this looks so cool I might just have to get one.

I want a YYE Edition H3X