yyj dm2 dings

hey guys i was playing with my dm2 today and somehow i noticed a few scratches in the rims. I’m not pointing any fingers, (little brother >:( ) but i was thinking about sanding the rims either way. the scratches, and just the overall feel of the polished rims are really bad for grinding. is it really necessary to use a lathe or drill, or can i just sand the rims by hand? will it make THAT much of a difference like insane amounts of vibe or wobble? just an idea, i probably won’t bother doing anything to it unless some convinces me it will work.

Yeah, it could cause vibe. it wont be INSANE but it will be some.

No, polishing by hand will not cause any noticeable vibe. If you use a drill, Drill Press or a lathe, you have the benefit of being able to take off more material in a shorter amount of time. I haven’t polished except on a drill press, but it takes me 1/2 hour per side.

Time for me wont be an issue. I just wanna know if it will work.

I JUST did it. I used 150 grit sandpaper and just rubbed lightly for a while then went to rubbing hard. I did the metal first, then the plastic. The dings are completely gone, and so is the vibe. It grinds sooooo amazing now. Better than any other plastic I have. I’m really satisfied with the results, and it’s kinda making me wanna do the same to the rims on my 888x. Hehehe. JK I would never risk damaging any yoyo other than my dm2.

I take it you satined it?

Somewhat. I did it by hand though

Pics?

Are pics really necessary? I bet you’ve seen a satined yoyo. And to the op, the yoyo would grind much better with a spiral satin.

I sanded it in a circle around the yoyo. The lines run as if I held it spinning on a drill and held sandpaper to it.

Pics aren’t necessary. But, I like to see pics of other people’s work.

Same here.

pics or it didnt happen

Im not in possesion of my camera right now. I may post some on tuesday