YYJ Destiny Review

This is a review of the YoYo Jam Destiny!

Specs:
Diameter: 53.07 mm / 2.09 inches
Width: 41.43 mm / 1.63 inches
Gap Width: W/ Narrow Bearing: 2.91 mm / .11 inches W/ SPEED Bearing: 4.29 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 62.4 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
YoYoJam SPEED Bearing
Also Comes With Narrow Bearing
Response: YoYoJam Silicone Response Pads
“Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD

Packaging:
The packaging was the normal old YYJ packaging but instead of just every thing sitting in there, the counterweight was already attached, ready to go for 5a as soon as it came out of the box. I found that very convenient because I bought it for that reason.

First Impression:
Out of the box, these things are B-E-A-utiful! I ordered two of them for 3a, and just to have. I got the clear versions and they are stunning, inside amazing, outside double the prettiness. When I first got them they came with a narrow bearing, but I quickly changed that. I threw them for the first time and… responsive… Grrrrr. Slightly disappointed I put a centre trac in and… better!

Play/Feel:
With the flat bearing: not so much
With the Centre Trac: Wayyyyy better

Once I put the Centre Tracs in and these things turned into magic. I broke in the response a little more and wow. These things are smooth! Not so smooth like u cant tell its there, but smooth enough to say that it is really smooth. At 62 grams this thing is floating like a cloud, and it gets going. It has a lot of speed on it, and the best part is, because it is basically the plastic hybrid version of the AI it is STABLE. It is a rock, but it is fast. The only flaw is the spin times, but they still stand up to my genisis. Fast, stable, smooth. everything you want.

5a:
This yoyo definitely excels at 5a. It is so easily maneuverable that it just goes any where you want to go. With beesting combos it just bounces how you want it to. you have complete and total control giving you a major advantage in 5a. It just allows effortless play in that devision.

Shape:
The shape is basically the AI in a plastic form. Its like the Phenomizm is to the Phenom. But any way, it fits very, very comfortably in the hand, and the large rings transitions smoothly from metal to plastic. On a catch it is very cushioned, and because it is so light there is no uncomfortable spots on a catch. I personally love the shape.

Overall:
Shape:10/10
play:9/10
Looks:9/10
Smoothness:8/10
spin time:7/10

Overall I love this yoyo. It is so zippy and stable it is the perfect combo, at slow speeds it may tilt but it is easily corrected. It is a beautiful looking yoyo and yet again, i say i love it. Definitely pick one up.

The counter weight: Its kind of weird, the bearing does not seem to do anything… but I like it, its cool.

Great review! Btw, is the counterweight anything special? I hope they sell them seperately! I REALLY want one.

its made to go with the yoyo

Awww. Guess ill have to spend $60 on a counterweight.

well its a great buy haha I still love it

I’m not a big fan of the CW, it does hold tension a tad bit better but I find it on the light side as I usually play with 2CWs (even tho I mostly do single dice stuff, I enjoy having the option of DD)

it’s perfectly balanced for the destiny tho and the whole package is perfect for high perf/speed 5A, no wonder it’s a Takeshi Matsuura signature. If you want to get into 5A, get the destiny, as said in the review, it makes it that much easier to do 5A specific tricks.

my setup for it is pretty simple, destiny throw + CW, KK, and a graou string (thin)

other VERY IMPORTANT thing

the yoyo does shine in black light (if I remember, the CW does too but I’m 100% positive for the yoyo, I used it in a party, but as it was outside and wet, I caught a knot I couldn’t undo on the string, so I swapped string&CW for that party… whatever)

at least the green version does

The clear version does not :-\ but ya 5a on this yoyo is amazing