YYF Yuuksta Review

A Forenote…

Hello all you yoyoers out there, I am a new reviewer to the community and this is my first review.

I have been yoyoing for about 2 years, and I needed a metal yoyo when my 2 mont old Northstar was not working right. My Yuuksta came in the mail Yesterday, and I decided to review it. Enjoy the presentation.

First Impressions

Ah, Yoyofactory. You continue to impress me with your yoyos and, one of the best parts of a yoyo, the box. I might write a song later about how I love your packaging, because this time, my box was black and gold with the YYF Premium logo, which just makes me feel like I picked the perfect yoyo for myself. Inside was a piece of string, and of course, the yoyo. I fell in love with the black-gray acid wash, and the starry Yuuksta logo on the sides. I knew I loved the yoyo before my first throw.

Comfort/Tech

Was somebody measuring my hand and finger length/Width in my sleep? Because this yoyo fits perfectly into the palm of my hand, and my string finger seems to fit perfectly into the gap like a key into a lock, or a plug into a socket. It just feels natural, as if it was fitted to match a molding of my hand. The later 2011 releases which I have came with a SPEC instead of a Center Trak, but personally, I think The SPEC is much better, the Center Trak just slipping binds and catching the string too often instead of helping. The SPEC spins just as long and is much smoother and quieter. I tried to test spin time, but I accidentally threw a bit of a tilt. But that bearing kept whispering to itself,
“I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,” and spun for a full 3:19 minutes. On a good throw, I got 4:31 minutes. The bearing is perfect for about anybody.

On a Throw

…I’m sorry, I was dazed for a second, lost in a field of butter, marble, and all else that is smooth. That is what this yoyo is. Butter on a string. No, better… DEAD Butter on a string. No vibe at all. And stability… lets just say that I can throw the yoyo on its side, and it would flip back onto the yellow brick road (Or right smack center on the string, speaking in short…) The only down side is that this yoyo makes a thunk when it hits the bottom of the string, I think this may be with all metals, so I will not count off for this. I could not put this throw down. I tried to put it down for a second, unsuccessfully, and had to have my sister strap me to a chair to stop playing. If you want a Great metal yoyo for the price, Stop right here!!!

This yoyo is…
1.Fast
2.Solid
3.Stable
4.Just plain amazing…

Final thoughts…

This yoyo is my new favorite, at least until my G5 arrives in the mail. For now, I rate this yoyo a 10/10.

Looks/ 10
Comfort/ 10
Playability/ 10
Grinds/ 10
Smoothness/ 10
Learnability/ 10
Educational Value/ 0 (That is a good thing :))

This is my new Main Throw. If you do not get one, too bad for you, because for $65, it is totally worth it!.

*UPDATE; I just got the last One Drop 54 w/ Side Effects in stock in the color black! My next review will be the 2010 G5, though.

Great review! I’m about to buy a Green Yuuksta myself!

Oh and just a side note - You got the same color Yuuksta as my genesis is! (just saying)

Stable? I’d have to disagree. It’s still a great yoyo.

Just got mine last night. Smoooooooooooth. I opted for Red acid wash…its a little on the pink side :’( but I guess I can live with that. I would have to rate this one an 11.