Yuuksta review by Tourqe!

Introduction: So I have always Been a huge Yuuki fan since I saw his Worlds 2007 Freestyle Last year(yeah I know i was late). His tricks always inspired me to try new things with my style that I would have never thought of otherwise. He pushed the limits of the Coolness/Technicality Ratio in every way. He used Hubstacks in a New way. He pushed the Speed Limit to new heights. He is considered by many (including me) to be the best yoyo player on the planet. Though everyone is entitiled to their own opinions about Yuuki, this is mine. So when Yoyofactory announced in late 2009 that they would now release a new line of Yuuki signature yoyos, the flagship being the Yuuksta, I knew I had to have one. When it was released after worlds I picked up one for myself. I thought"Oh no. I getting the undersized version of one of the most used competition yoyos in the Genesis. Sweet." Will this yoyo live up to my high expectations for it? Or fall due to so many new and good yoyos pushing the limits of play. I had to see for myself.

Specs::
Diameter: 50.0 mm
Width: 39.0 mm
Weight: 65 grams
Response: CBC Slim Pad
Bearing: C-Sized Center Trac Bearing.
Now just by looking at the specifics of this yoyo, i could tell that it would be an interesting Play experience. I mean, the same size as a classic 888, slightly Lighter, and with the sharp shape of the Very popular Genesis. Definantly unique. I was expecting a very smooth yoyo that could handle any type of trick I could throw at it, because I know that Yuuki would Expect the very same from his signature yoyo.

Feel/Looks: This yoyo is a small yoyo at 50mm diameter, but it feels larger in the hand. I don’t know if it is the Big Rims of the yoyo, the Middle finger falling perfectly on the gap, or its general presence. Either way, This yoyo felt good in the hand. It has a Yoyofactory Beadblast finish for grinding easier. Though I have never really been a fan of this particular BB, I belive it is much better than none at all. The Paritcular finish I was luckt enough to pick up was the original blue acid wash edition. It is very minimalist, which I like, because In your face blasts Have never been my thing. I like a simple splash ar acid wash. Although the CLYW yoyos with crazy Ano are beautiful, In general I prefer a less “in your face” type yoyo. That’s just me though.

On a Throw: Woah. The first thing I thougth was “Is that even there?” Seriously. This yoyo is WAY smooth. Almost too smooth. The spin times are Incredible, pushing 5 minutes on a hard throw. The yoyo can move very fast when I want it to, but can still go slowwer for those Body tricks. Flops were easy. Grinds were ok. Like I said I don’t really like the Yoyofactory BB the best, but its ok. There really isn’t an IRG, but I’ve never seen Yuuki try a thumb grind in a competition before so it’s all good with me. The one thing I like about this yoyo is the ability to handle all tricks of all types. I can do almost any type of trick at any speed I desire.I don’t know what it is, but over-arm lasso to suicide Gt looks amazing with this yoyo. Probly just the size.

Overall verdict: The Yuuksta is one of the most Versitile yoyos I have ever played. It can go any speed, do any trick you can do, and gives you great smoothness while doing it. I keep trying to think of something that I don’t like about this yoyo, and I have only found two
1)The BB is not my favorite
2)The response is pretty recessed, so it leads to some slippy binds.
This yoyo is great, and at the price it is being sold, there is no reason not to have one in your collection. The only reason I can picture someone not liking this yoyo is if they are strongly against both the Genesis and 888 and hate undersized yoyos. Other wise do yourself a favor and pick one up in an awesome new colorway today.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/laxkid28/pics/016.jpg
The Yuuksta.

As this is my first Reveiw, PLease feel free to comment and Critque it and tell me where I can improve. Thanks for Reading!

I few spelling mistakes but either than that great review! Makes be happy that I made the right choice to get one =)

Thank you! Ya I was too anxious to post to look back and review spelling. I’ll be sure to do that next time.

I am really skeptical on buying this yoyo. because the wall of this yoyo. I really dont know if its worth it should i buy one?

What wall? I think it’s a great value for the price.

The wall as i mean the innards of a yo-yo. Like my phenom and izm have like no wall only a little space and silicone -_-

Ahh I see what your saying… the wall is not too noticeable to me when I play.

I would probly not recommend it to you because it sounds like you like sharp v shape yoyos that are full size.

I would still recommend it if you want to try something new.

Oh ok thanks dude

Very nice review, though I have a few questions:

1. Does the Yuuksta tilt much?
    2.Did you get the center-trac bearing version?

Wow, great review! ;D

Dude I have the same one!!! It is my main throw and I have had it for a while… and yes it was the centre track version. The cbc bearing in it is much better than any other i have. Pushing 20 seconds on a flick. It is an amazing yoyo for anyone who loves undersized as much as me.

Ya i got the og release version. So good. Plays really smooth.

Great review! I just got mine for Christmas and I love it so much, it’s an amazing yoyo!
I just finished making a video w/ it.

Awesome review! I’m about to get one myself!

Just got one. Very smooth. just responsive enough for my skill level. zippy fast when you want it to be. AFter using the DMII for a while I agree, aside from the weight you really dont know its there. silky smooth. Then I put a ceramic Konkave in…Holy crap!! I better improve my binds or I will never get this back into my hand, LOL! What a friggin combo: Yuuksta & Dif-e-yo Ceramic, I may just have to wear a “depends” when I throw this. If there are any doubts about spending nearly $70 on a throw, think of it as money well spent! Wouldnt hesistate for a heartbeat to buy it all over again.
A++++

very nice review…that’s a sweet lookin’ throw.

to me, the tricks someone can do on a yo yo and the performance/playability of a yo yo don’t translate. the difference in everyone’s skill level - and just how they approach yo yoin’ is too vast to be used as any kind of a comparison tool.

like when i read in reviews…this yo yo opens up suicides so much. but that’s all that’s said…what ‘bout the yo yo opens up suicides so much? what physical, design and/or engineering elements incorporated into the yo yo opens up suicides so much? anyway, this is what i’m gettin’ at.

i’m in no way bashin’ your review…i am no review expert, by no means. overall i liked it, and it makes me want to get a yuuksta - which in the end, is the goal of any review. well done…

mgodinez

cloudy…