YYF whip for 3a

Hey I was looking for some really cheap yoyos to mess around with 3a and I was wondering if the YYF whip would be any good. Obviously I know that it isn’t all that amazing of a yoyo for competitions and stuff, but if anybody has any feedback about how it would do for a beginner at 3a it would be appreciated. Thanks!

alot of people use the protostar to begin 3a with, but the whip would do just as well…

the only problem i can think of is because of its light weight it doesnt have a long spin time.

Pair of Replay Pros. Hands down. Seriously.

I wouldn’t go for anything else at that price.

Aside from a pair of Replay Pros, you might want to consider the a pair of YYJ Classics or if your budget allows for it, a pair of YYR Diffusions.

1 Like

The high wall of it will make it work against you learning. The light weight will also work against you.
I would go with something low/no wall if you are looking for good throws for 3A. replay pro does seem like by the looks would be a good choice but there are others out there. The lower the wall the better. You won’t keep the strings in line very well when you start out.

1 Like

Do not buy a 3a pair of whips!!!

I bought a 3a set of whips with the same thought of trying 3a with them. The whip is way too light and unstable and does not spin long enough for 3a.
It is a good carry around yoyo for 1a, but it tilts off axis too easily.
Try getting something not as organic with a little more weight like a sOMETHING Premiere, yyr diffusion 2, protostar or northstar.

For 3a I use a pair of modded Duncan Freehand zeros with o-rings under the caps to add rim weight.

What about the YYF OneStar, would it be an OK choice?

Don’t buy whips. I own one, They’re fun and light, but have ridiculously low spin time, even for an expert. Also not very stable.

That’d be alright, but Replay Pros would be the better choice (I’ve thrown both).