yyf superstar problem?

i just got a new superstar and it vibes on the string. the bearing doesnt seem to spin great either i tried to get off and i cant get it off… i never seen a bearing stuck like this i have multiple yyf yoyos and the bearings come off fairly easy. plus its hard to take apart and put together… im thinking there is something wrong with it. it seems almost like the bearing is stuck on the seat crooked. i cant really tell tho

If it was stuck on the seat crooked, it would be very very out of whack. Probably not the case. The bearing is tight in the seat because of tollerances in the bearing and yoyo. No big deal. It sounds like you might just have a bad throw. Throw it and put your fingernail to it. If it stops vibing, it’s your throw. If it doesn’t stop vibing and eventually stops spinning without losing the vibe, then there’s a problem. Tell us the results of this so-called “finger test”.

Is this the first YoyoFactory metal you have owned? All my yoyofactory metals have bearings that are almost irremovable. Even when I completely ignored the possible damage to my bearing and started using my full strength, I still could not get it out. The bearing is still stuck there till this day… :-\

i have 4 yyf metals. the bearings come off pretty easy off of all of them. the yoyo itself dont vibe it in the string. idk its weird…

Describe how it doesn’t vibe on a string but still vibes? :o

Hmmm… how are you getting your bearings off? If you’re using pliers, with the nice little circle bit, then just squeeze harder, and rock the yoyo horizontally to loosen the bearing up a bit. Don’t pull out the bearing, do nothing but rock it. Eventually it’ll rock until it’s loose, and then it’ll be very easy to pull out…

Also, I’m pretty sure that some YYF metals just have really tight bearing seats and axle screws. On my genesis, it’d take me around 5 min to pop out the bearing the first time, and the screw was tight, and started squeaking eventually. However, within time, it should be easier…

1 Like

if im in a double or nothing mount i can feel the strings that r wrapped around my fingers vibe but the yoyo is still sleeping pretty smooth… ive been fighting with the bearing for a while now but maybe i just have to keep working with it

Oh, is it like a gentle hum on the string? I never figured out what it is, but I personally really like that hum… feels like the yoyo’s alive. But yea, keep trying on the bearing removal.

ok so now this bearing is loud and responsive… grrr… i think i got a bogus bearing i still cant get it off… i wanna put a 10 ball in it…

phew… it finally came off. i put a center trac in it and its way better. that stock bearing sucked…

How long had you used the stock one for? Most likely it just needed to be played with some more.