HELP!

NOW I REALL HAVE TO REMOVE MY BEARING!!! I WAITED 5 MONTH WATCHING HUNDREDS OF VIDEOS AND DIDNT CLEANING MY BEARING! I USED PLIERS BUT IT DIDNT WORK. IF I CAN REMOVE MY BEARING FROM MY YOYO, ITS OK TO SMASH THE BEARING! SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!
thanks.

PLEASEDONT SHOUT ON THIS FORUM EVER AGAIN DOING THIS WILL GET YOU NO WHERE ITS SUPER ANNOYING AND NO ONE WANTS TO HELP YOU. TALK LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING OR DONT TALK AT ALL. TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF AND ASK YOUR QUESTION USING GOOD GRAMMAR AND USE ACTUAL SENTENCES THAT MAKE SENSE. ALSO IN REGUARDS TO YOUR QUESTION THAT I BARELY UNDERSTAND WIGGLE, DONT PULL THE BEARING OUT. WIGGLE. AND DON’T SHOUT.
thanks.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m sorry!
So can you help me with this?

Just what he said here:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle it works the best if you have pliers with a circle in then where you would normally cut wire it gets around the bearing the best. also what yoyo are you trying to pull the bearing from?

I have that round pliers and its avant garde2

Try using a bearing removal tool. Or Try contacting your supplier.

i used yyf multitool and didnt work.

The bearing is a super-tight fit on my original Avant Garde as well. The multitool will work, but you still have to follow the same advice as the pliers: wiggle wiggle wiggle. Back and forth, and change the axis you’re applying pressure along… go clockwise or counterclockwise from time to time, wiggling with a little bit of outward pulling motion.

It’ll pop out after some time. Just stay at it. If you have the multitool, that’s all you need.

Calm down and put your yoyo half with the bearing stuck to it in the freezer for 30 minutes then try again. The cold makes the aluminum in the yoyo half contract therefore making the bearing seat slightly smaller and making the bearing easier to pull out.

If it is completely stuck, smashing the bearing in a vice could work.

Will have to try that on my next stuck bearing I’m sure.

1 Like

Sarcasm, my friend, is really fun.

I think YYF really needs to rethink this overly tight fit to the bearing seat stuff.

It’s not a compromise. It’s a problem. Other higher end stuff doesn’t need to do this and those yoyos are perfectly smooth.

I could possibly understand his issue here with the removal of his bearing. BUT… Now that he has a bearing removal tool and continues to whine about it here is just trolling.

I think you’re underestimating just how annoyingly tight YYF bearings seats are.

I couldn’t get my dv888 bearing off, even with a removal tool.

Yup. Incredibly difficult. I didn’t think mine would ever come off, but it did with much much wiggling and pulling.

Still waiting for Ben to chime in.

Well, really, it came off eventually for me. About an hour of wiggling with one of those new plastic YYF multitools. Bearing seat was never the same, and the yoyo doesn’t play quite as nice as it once did.

Now, when the bearing was on the multitool (a brand new trifecta) , nothing could remove it. I spent the better part of my day trying to get it off with pliers, a second bearing removal tool, a vice grip, etc. never came off.

Ended having to crush the outer race in a vice grip (bearing was already permanently screwed up) to get the inner race off the removal tool.

Needless to say, I will never be buying another YYF product again until they change their ridiculous stance on bearing seats.

For instance, I look at my cascade and I see an extremely high quality yoyo with excellent playability. It’s dead smooth. Also, the bearing seat is quite loose - just turn the half over and the bearing is in your hand.

But, on a YYF, it’s a struggle just to do basic maintenance. I just don’t get it. Maybe there is some benefit that I’m missing, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be even a minor benefit. It certainly doesn’t make their yoyos in way different than any other manufacturer.

That’s part of my decision to avoid many YYF throws going forward.

Mind you, they make great stuff. But, if stuff of much higher dollar value AND performance(debatable always) can do so without the bearing being crushed into the bearing seat, the “performance” argument is invalidated and the “compromise” stance is shot down.