YYF Severe 2010 First Impressions

Well, I went to my High School’s last Varsity Basketball game, and one person who JUST HAPPENED to be there was Zach Ball, the same person who got me into yoyoing.

Needless to say, I saw a circle poking out, and immediately asked him which yoyo it was.

He said Severe.

I asked to see it, and in return, I’d let him see my Marmot.

He was throwing my Marmot while I just looked at the Severe, and he said “You can throw it if you want. I don’t mind”.

I then proceeded to pick my jaw up.

Let me begin by saying this is light, which, my guess is it was the capped version, because 67g isn’t light. And the caps weren’t there.

The sheer red acid wash and the gloss finish of this yoyo make for a superior looker.

The width and weight distribution make it an amazing player.

I’m in love, and I now plan to buy one.

It had a small amount of vibe so miniscule caused by a drop from the past, but its level of play far surpasses my other yoyos.

In. Love.

Expect a review as soon as I get one.

Severe 2010 Rocks!

I have a Supernova too and I find myself going back to my Severe often. Mine is the capless version which is a bit heavier. I find that it is more stable and less prone to tilting and precession (spinning around the string) than the somewhat lighter Supernova.

I would be interested in a opinions of the capped vs. the uncapped version of this fine yoyo.

I tried what I believe was a capped version w/o the caps, but I’m not sure. But it was floaty :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was actually the capless version! :slight_smile:

How are you sure? Just curious.

maye he is… Zach Ball

Okay so I own a severe 09, severe 10, lunatic, a genesis, and waiting on a fools gold team edition wooly marmot. All I can say is that my 2010 severe is by far my best player. I attend a yoyo club and have tried a lot and nothing compares imo. Anyways, I luckily got my hands on the purple version w/caps and I think they have some pink/fuschia ones left. My recomendation is the fuschia one with caps. Its really floaty and light feeling. And the cool thying is if you want to take out the caps and make it a faster player you can! Dude, I highly recommend!

Bingo!

How did I not notice by the Meerkat Username???

Makes since.

Then the Severe is one floaty yoyo :slight_smile: