YYF Replay

HOT
Michael Stecz
John Ando
Mateusz Ganc

are all technical players. But, yes, most of these players are contest oriented, that’s just YYF’s style. Like most of CLYWs team is really technical, OD is smooth, YYF is just built for contests and so are their yoyos. Look at the Shutter.

That would depend. Are you thinking that was a Replay? If so, absolutely. I was actually thinking this but didn’t want to say anything, so thanks for bringing it up. He didn’t ever say what it was did he?

Yes it was a replay YYF Ben confirmed it.

I know, but I couldn’t lose out on a chance to throw in a sarcastic comment. ;D

Sorry. My definition of tech is like Gormley, Aaron Davis, or someone like Nem. As I STILL forgot to edit that post, I’m not saying that their technical tricks are bad, I’m just saying that in my own little world, Yyf does not have many players that specialize in “dense tech”. But to be honest, dense tech doesn’t usually do very well at contests. An example could be Aaron Bendich. His dense tech is CRAZY, but at cal states, he didn’t get through prelims, and looking at his technical execution, he had a 28 (which was low for the area he placed in)

Is it just me, or does team members of the same company seem to resemble each other play-wise?

I found this very helpful

Thanks, but I think it’s time to start getting this thread back on topic. You guys think the Replay will play better than the Regen?

Nope

1 Like

i wasn’t a huge fan of the regen because i didnt really care for the shape, but im interested in the replay

I wasn’t a huge fan of the Regen either. it actually seemed to play pretty good, but it felt so hollow, I just couldn’t get over thinking it felt cheap. The caps didn’t help.

maybe the replay will be nicer.

That was my only issue with the Regen, dem caps.

Played good tho!

I found the REGEN quite capable. Caps didn’t bug me at all.

The replay doesn’t look great in comparison. However, Gentry could make buttons contracted to barb wire sell well.

(That’s not a diss.)

Coming in May

so im guessing this is the same replay from years before and no changes with the shape?

^it really helps when you read

Has nothing in common with the Replay from years ago except name.

looks like an organic stepped v shape from the hong kong video
1:13

hmm them caps again.

lol exactly what i said on their instagram

Not a fan of caps in general but I do like all of the colors of this one that I’ve seen so far.

From @yoyofactory Instagram:

“It will join Shutter in the signature line of current World Champion @gentrystein who has been putting time in on the design since December 2014. It is constructed of polycarbonate, weighs a touch over 68gm. It’s weight is perfect for its size 58.3mm dia and 43.8mm wide.”

Those are some specs for you. :wink:

Photo courtesy of @yoyofactory Instagram:

https://scontent-iad.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11117121_672860802819970_15283650_n.jpg