YYF Replay?

ugh i know i said i was done but i have to answer to you two

@mcrninja idk if that was russ or not so i can’t really say i trust that post but then again I am not in contact with Russ Andert so i can’t say i don’t trust it either

@yoyoaddict96 I will say this one time only HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY KNEW ABOUT IT? If they did then they might want to try and straighten it out and if they didnt know about it which is possible because russ was trying to keep the muffin top on the DL according to Icthus, like i said i don’t know and i have yet to talk to anyone at YYF about it to see what their take on this is so i’m done trying to say that i like the yoyo even if it is a copy of another yoyo.

We can’t really argue about this because we don’t know if they knew about it or not. And we probably will never find out because they will probably deny it if someone asked.

yep. i suppose they do. nice work, filters!

really frustrate me off
Hahaha It works!

Ed, If you had a design you were sitting on till you had the money to produce it and YYF stole it from you what would you think? This was a yoyo that wasn’t even released yet. If it was then I’d say copy not stole. The lizard has a likeness yes but it doesn’t look exactly the same Shape wise.

I’m not going to continue this. I’m totally done with it.

It plays better than the Protostar!

I was thinking about muffin top shape before i see it or replay. This shape isn’t something unique and hard to invent. So i think it is really possible that YYf have never seen muffin top.
I hope Ben will write in this topic.

The muffin tops design was so far out and unique, clearly no one else would think of it without stealing it.

born2yoyo has the right idea.

No one could have made the same yoyo without looking at someone elses. I mean put yourself in someone esles shoes. How would you feel if your design was stolen and you could do nothing about it.

I am almost curious to ask YYF that someone leaked about a metal Replay. I wonder what they would respond?

Gizzyo

Personally, I wouldn’t buy either but that is because I don’t like the feel of H-Shaped throws. As far as the possible theft of the design, shame on YYF if this is the case. I don’t know the story behind the MuffTop but if it was an “on hold” project to be released at a later time and out of nowhere YYF has almost the same throw, that’s just fishy to me. I’m not much of a fan of YYF’s throws anyway, but this is just another reason for me not to buy one.

it seems fishy that they are selling them for dirt cheap to?

yep $10

guys i have a question. did the guy who made the muffin top speak out after seeing this. because if he didnt maybe that means he gave permision to YYF to use the design. just a thought and im probobly completely wrong

Russ Andert created the ‘Muffin Top’.

If you are still clueless of who he is I will give you a hint. He made the Dert.

Maybe YYF bought the rights to make a yoyo identical to the moffin top. I think its a 10$ since YYF didn´t have to go through the process of making the design and testing it.

I don’t believe they bought the rights. If they did I believe Icthus would have stated or, this thread would be locked.

EDIT:

I don’t believe Russ patented the design of the Muffin Top. And I believe they publicly disclosed it. So I believe its ok for YYF to manufacture these. Even though I don’t think it is right for YYF to do this.

Gizzyo

Honestly, how can you not see a similarity??? It’s almost the exact same. Both are yoyos with roughly the same response to rim angle, and the rims are both hollow on the outside. Personally, I’ve never seen a yoyo like this before, and it’s kind of weird how the YYF one just popped out…

For those of you that aren’t sure, Russ Andert did not sell any rights to any yoyo. He also did not give permission to anyone to use said design. I know this because Russ personally told me since we are friends. He spoke out about it on the Yoyoskills site.

If he didn’t file to patent the Muffin Top, and publicly disclosed The Muffin Top, it is legal for YYF to manufacture these.

I am not saying this is right. But it is legal; IF Russ didn’t patent the design.

W8… so for sure YYF took the design right??? That’s a bit cruel…