YYF Replay?

[quote= Steve Brown]I’m all over the forums, and have never heard of this “Muffin Top”.

But I will say it’s pretty incredible that YYF released a plastic G5, and somehow people are convinced they got the idea for that shape from somewhere else.

Really? They haven’t put out enough h-shape yo-yos yet for people to believe they came up with this on their own? C’mon.

I guess YYF should be proud that they’re so far on top that everyone feels the need to make stuff up and try and knock them down.
[/quote]

its one of the most solid yoyos ive tried!!! i got 2 ct bearings from worlds for $5!!!hans (the owner of yyf) traded me my modded dv888 atmosphere and fh2 for a c13 and 44 special!!! my severe and 44 i got for 120 togeather! and so meny more yoyos oh yah i met andre and he remembered who i was and thought me and silverman were bros!!! (wich i would not have a problem with him being my bro!)

so… DID THEY TRY ONE??? wait you were at worlds???

yeah i have no problem being bros with metal man!

Yeah they are going to tell me how bad it is and not even have played it? lol
Yes they played it. My son being one of them. A lot of people at worlds said they thought it was junk.
I wan’t there but at least 30 people I know were.

I’ll take a YYJ bearing over a YYF bearing any day.

Same with me.

I have cleaned up this thread. i created a lot of hate, mostly mine. I let loose and shouldn’t have and I apologize for that. Please just keep on topic.

Here’s a pic of russ anderts muffin top.

1 Like

thanks for the pick bro! I just saw that on another forum.

So is it or is it not a copy???

IMO it’s a copy hence the name “Replay”

And here is mine. These were made about two years ago but never released for a reason. Picks never hit the net for a reason.

Interesting, has YYF or Russ Andert come out and address this “issue” I mean I think that if this is ethically wrong, but obviously if the Muffin Top was never released then there can’t be a legal patent problem, kind of low but not illegal.

after searching the net for pics of the russ andert muffin top i yeilded no results until i came back to this topic and found one via icthus, i looked over the muffin top picture (because thats all i can do) and the replay i own and the only major similarity i see is the inner fold on the muffin top and the replay and even that similarity is so different i can’t really say that YYF ripped it off at all because the gap there was only left open for the metal weight rings which gave the replay a big difference in weight compared to a normal plastic yoyo, I have yet to see an H-shape plastic yoyo at all so why all the hate? It’s not like we have any proof that YYF ripped it off and or that russ andert actually is upset over this. That post could have come from anywhere and if it was the real russ andert then I see no reason for him to be upset BECAUSE THE YOYOS ARE NOT ALIKE! If anything i am excited to see what the production run of the Replay looks like because the prototypes are cool but i want to see where they go with this yoyo on colors and such! I don’t think it’s a bad yoyo and anyone who is hating on it for this reason or any other reason is either being ignorant to the fact that YYF is making new innovative yoyos and their favorite brand isn’t! Last time i checked on here everyone was hating on YYF for making too many yoyos that were similar to their older designs and then the replay comes out and you guys hate it because it’s not like any YYF plastic you have seen OR ANY OTHER BRAND’S PLASTIC YOYO FOR THAT MATTER! Is it me or are you guys becoming scared of change? Seriously this is getting annoying to see everyone whining about! I like the yoyo and YYF is still one of the best companies out there because they keep pushing the limits of what they can do with a yoyo’s design!

Ok I am done with this thread and will only be watching this topic from now on!

They took the concept of the yoyo. It’s crazy how you could even say there not similar. It’s not like they took a popular design and tweaked it, It’s an extremely original design that they took. Everone is mad because they ripped somebody off . Just because you didnt know about it doesent mean YYF didn’t. Icthus knew about it and so did many other people.

To quote Russ on the matter:

[quote=Russ Andert]AAARRRAAghh!!! They ripped off the muffin top!
[/quote]
I’m fairly sure that Russ isn’t exactly thrilled by this, Mattylightning.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that Russ isn’t exactly thrilled by this, Mattylightning.
[/quote]
hahaha

it plays awesome. like… awesome. for a ten dollar yo-yo it’s beyond incredible.
i don’t understand all the complaining about the dert thing personally. it’s not as though russ was making a ton of them (or selling them at $10). i have no idea how ben/yyf arrived at the idea, but they found a way to make a great design very affordable. also, the henry’s lizard uses the same idea, and that was out WAY before the andert yo-yo. sheesh.

http://www.juegosmalabares.com/images/yoyo-henrys-lizard-azul.jpg

also… i’d like to go on record as saying that all those people who copied the duncan butterfly really piss me off. they’re ruining yo-yoing.

They frustrate you off? hahahaha