YYF quality control

Has anyone had any rough experiences with yyf thows? I have a butter that has completely stripped threads on the inside of the yoyo. I’ve taken it apart maybe 5 times over the 6 months I’ve had it. First time I took it apart and put it back together, carefully and gently, it had vibe.

Same thing with my flame, except it comes apart and goes together just fine, but it has crazy vibe now.

Same thing with my new knockout, except the bearing is STUCK AF on the seat and cannot get it out, and now when I play it, it has significant vibe.

Like… I promise I’m careful with my throws, and I haven’t damaged or dinged these at all…

All fantastic players, all lasted less than a month before the threads or bearing seats pooped out on me.

When it comes to taking apart and putting back together my Yoyos, I am careful. I make sure threads are lined up, I make sure I don’t over tighten. Idk what’s going on, but I don’t have issues like that except with magic Yoyos and R2FG… idk what to do bc that’s like $300 down the drain.

Anybody have any suggestions or similar experiences?

2 Likes

My EDGE Beyond Stripped within about a month or two. I email yoyofactory but they didn’t respond. It also had a massive amount of vibe and marks from poor annodization. It was good, but not great. @yyfben2.deactivated

4 Likes

its sounds like it could be your fault if qll your throws are doing it. my shutter is fine qnd I open that ■■■■ up qll the time. BUT, also, once I found out not qll 6601 is created the same… it makes sense why my OD are quality even when I drop them no marks

could be a little of both probably… try and be extra careful when screwing back together, let the threads do the work never apply pressure until tighten

2 Likes

Here we go…

24 Likes

I guess, but like I said, I’m careful when taking apart and putting back together. I have other throws I can be tougher with and they’re still fine and dead smooth. But these yyf throws, I can’t even take them apart without gaining some new vibe or stripping on or in the threads. Wtf.

1 Like

Exactly. Why is it so hit or miss with yyf throws. I love their models, but they only last a month before stripping or getting a mauled bearing seat.

1 Like

Also keep in mind, I have a shutter wide angle that is and has always been dead smooth. Why does my $45 monometal last longer than my $100+ bimetals?

1 Like

I haven’t had any bad experiences with yyf

8 Likes

I’ve had slight vibe out of the box on occasion, but that’s to be expected. Love all my YYF throws

If Ben reads this, make a titanium edge😍

6 Likes

I’m just excited for the Titanium Confusion.

3 Likes

Please don’t think I’m intentionally bashing yyf. Like is said, my flame, my butter, my KO, all in my top 10 thows rn… but all of them got messed up from me taking them apart a couple times. That’s $300 down the drain, why is it so easy to ruin yyf throws?

1 Like

If these were purchased from YYF directly or a retailer then the ones that are stripped out should be covered under warranty. Have you contacted them yet?

2 Likes

I’ve not had issues to be honest. Not saying they aren’t issues or lemons out there, I just haven’t gotten any from yoyofactory. Magicyoyo is a whole other topic when it comes to qc issues for me.

3 Likes

…again…

6 Likes

Funny how you could find me now but I was elusive then…

1 Like

I guess we will be out of business soon if this is true.

1 Like

No I love YYF, but my EDGE Beyond breaking is sad considering the price I paid.

1 Like

I would never wish yyf to go out of business. I’m just bummed the yyf throws I chose to purchase and spend $100 or more on are going unchecked for main quality control issues. I am unsure who to contact with an email to attempt to see if there is any warranty that would cover these flaws. If you have an email or something please feel free to leave it. That was my main goal of this post. Not bashing, just concerned and bummed.

4 Likes

Haven’t ever had any problems with my flame and I take it apart all the time. Dead silent since day 1 so idk

2 Likes

Not even sure how many YYF yoyos I’ve owned, I’ve not had any issues like you’re describing about stripping them. Sure bearing seats are tighter on some of them, but have never stripped a yoyo.

If you’ve stripped all of those, nothing against you, but I’d bet you did something. It would be highly unlikely that you just happened to get a bad yoyo every time you ordered one.

6 Likes