!!!***YYF PROTOSTAR or DV888

Im in the need for an upgrade. At the moment im rockin a dark magic, but i want to try something new. i have have had the dm for a few months now. the price differnce realy doesnt matter between the 2 choices. i just want to know which is an all around better yoyo. I am an intermediate/advanced player. I want to buy the new yoyo pretty soon so i need some answers quik. Thanks

PS: when you tell me which one can you go into detal and explain why you choose that particular yoyo. :wink:

Do you want a smaller or larger yoyo?
Look at the shape?
The Dv888 has a closer shape to the DM but the Protostar has a similar size.
Both great yoyos.

I just want to know hich one spins for longer and is more stable and an all aound better yoyo for 1a.

Not one yoyo can sleep longer than another, If you a yoyo that is all sleep time get the Budha King 2. Both are good at 1A its all preference.

^^^ True but the protostar has a history of not being extremely durable. Also the DV888 grinds much better than the protostar. Go with the DV888, it’s smooth and awsome.

But will the dv888 be good at like getteing better at tricks and learning some new advanced tricks?

Both will get you through this sites tricks. I can do all the Expert tricks here with a Stock FHZ. You could get both.

I was in the same boat when I was looking to upgrade my main throw, I went with the DV888 it is, I feel one of the better yoyos around as long as you can deal with the small size, the DV888 almost fits inside the rims of the DM.
The gap of the DV888 is HUGE you could park a truck in there and still have room. The sleep time fresh out of the box is amazing also. The DV888 has a great feel whem you are holding it, it fits perpectly in your hand and flows around the strings seamlessly.
Its great for advancing through the tuts on here I personally got through them all with the DV888, and if its your first metal you will never want to go back to plastic.

So in closing I personally love the DV888 and recomend it to anyone who hasn’t got one

I love mine. The protostar is extremely capable of doing any trick known though.

Out of those 2, I like them about equal. Both are super smooth with great spin time.

If you like the shape and weight of the Dark Magic though, a Genesis would be golden for you. It’s a few extra $'s, but it’s worth it.

I’ve been playing a DM and a dv888 alot lately. Last night I played a Protostar for a while. The Prtot is amazingly smooth for a plastic. My go to for a while has been the dv888.

Some things I would think about…

Where are you going to take your yo-yo? (E.G. Will the bigger size of the Proto be a pain in the rear? Will a metal yo-yo get the snot beat out of it in your bag or worktruck?)

How tall are you? The Proto is monsterously wide! If you run a fairly short string your going have a hard time with the crazy width.

You said money wasn’t really a problem so the obvious solution is…

GET THEM BOTH!

or listen to Augie and…

GET ALL THREE!

It’s not a life or death decission. I’d get the DV888 if you have to get one. But definatly plan on adding a proto to your bag in the near future. You can’t go wrong.

Get the DV888 because it is a lot more stable(i have a protostar) and the protostar comes with a center trac bearing, and it is almost to good for the protostar, giving it a vibe… the Dv888 is a lot more stable, and it has great grinds!!!