yyf ONE caps

Sorry if this isnt the right section but i guess its modification somewhat idk… anyways, I want to take out my yoyofactory ONE side caps and its just not happening… its been a few hours and i cant get it off… i dont have a suction cup that is small enough, i have one alittle larger and it didnt work at all… soi tried prying it out with a knife, popping it out from the inside out, i even tried putting the half over hot water to hopefully make it expand to make the side cap pop off easier, its just not working. Any ideas? ???

I got mine out by pushing the axle through to push it out. Be warned, they are really, really hard to get back in. Also, when you push, don’t do it on your wooden kitchen table. :wink:

I tried that too but i did it with the flat psrt of a nail since i dont have anything else small enough… it disnt work… bent the nail tho… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well then, that’s kinda odd. Especially since I take mine out every once in a week or less because I always put in new designed caps I make myself. I’ll see if I can post one up…

Maybe cuz its old? Ive had it for 3 months and havent bothered with the caps until today… mainly cuz i just leanred they could be removed yesterdy xD

I’d try putting some lube or grease to loosen it up. Also I haven’t had my One for too long, probably less than a year or so…

No, no no no. Do you have the old ONE or the new ONE?

Take it apart, hold it and push the axle down on a hard surface really hard and it will pop out.

The axle will not bend, I have no clue what your talking about.

And grease or lube will not help. Is the axle moving up when you push it? Or is it not moving at all?

Yeah I know it’s just that I was joking around and was about to put “elbow grease” there, me talking/just finished a monster/with friends= very weird/looney…

I tried that a while ao too… And i just tried it again., i think lifting my whole body up while pushingon it is pretty hard…

THATS WHEN YOU RESORT TO ELBOW GREASE!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Im sorry but i waste 3 hour on this thing… Im rathr annoyed and dont nee jokes right now

Oh, Sorry… I don’t know what to say, my One never did that. I would tell you what I would do, but you’ve already done everything…

This thing is a piece of work… When i bought this it said removeable caps, well… Its not removing :stuck_out_tongue:

Use C4. Wear protective eyewear. This will void your warranty.

Note: Please do not contact me if this doesn’t work.

Your obviously doing it wrong or they are glued in.

Here is a picture of how it works.

Take this side: http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag2/Bcmaddog/D869E35D-A85D-4C90-BF60-49EDCBAB4E21-14068-000009D9DC63E1EE_zps31d22db4.jpg

Then push down on the axle like this:http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag2/Bcmaddog/EAC64589-CFA8-4B55-B1E5-AC8094D2A60E-14068-000009D9D8725166_zps6b9a3143.jpg

Do note that it’s not unusual for the caps to break. They are super tight fitting. I have a ONE that some guys customized the caps as a thank you for me, and one of the plastic caps broke a bit. The other is fine.

No matter how carefully you do this, you could still damage the cap. However, the above mentioned way is how YYF recommends you do this. This is the same as how you’d do it with most Duncan yoyos with caps. All I can say is with the Duncan yoyos, you want to be a bit aggressive and give a good pop. With the YYF’s, it’s kind of hit and miss. Let me just say I see more good results than bad results.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag2/Bcmaddog/A14D1CB0-17E0-4B18-AA36-274CB84546E6-14216-000009F1650E06C7_zpsf2c00b79.jpg This is the old ONE. The new ones are tighter but they come off doing what I did pretty easily.

This one has been cracked for ever (cap) I take em out put em in take em put put em in. I have painted this yoyo 3 times. Now that I sold it to my brother he wants the caps back in. But the cap hasn’t broken in two.