Die-Nasty caps?

I was wondering, can the die-nasty caps come off? Tape/Suction cup doesn’t work, and there wasn’t much of a gap/lip so the fork method just gave me some scratches…

Yes they can, you just need a cup with sharp-round end, like a tomato can and screw it up.

Happy Throwing! =]

I’m not sure if they can…a lot of 5A yo-yo’s caps don’t come off…FHZ…Throw Monkey…Pure…I don’t know if the Atmosphere’s come off, but it seems like a theme 5A yo-yos have. ???

Lolwut? FHZ caps come off, Throw Monkey caps come off, Pure’s dont technically have caps, and all yyj caps come off…

But I have no clue about the die nasty

It’s caps mounted on the sides.

caps mounted on the sides=sidecaps

They are technically sidecaps.

I’d recommend trying the FHZ cap trick. It works to get FHZ caps out, it works to get PGM hubstacks out, so why not the Die-Nasty?

What you do first, is unscrew the yo-yo. Take the half with the axle, and slam it against something hard (i.e. a table or wall) with the axle side down. Make sure your hands are not on the caps when you do this.

Good luck! Let us know if it works! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t suggest this 100%. While I do believe this method will get the caps off, there is a chance that the caps don’t come off. So if it doesn’t come off, and you slam it against the table, there is a slight chance you will bend the axle. I suggest just putting pressure on it instead of slamming it.

suctioncup and pliers thats what i use for stuck caps

Yes, that is a valid point. However, if you just apply pressure, then you run the risk of cracking the caps.

But they are permanent fasho, lets not get technical, Pures, have no caps

for you guys wondering about the pure heres a thread i started on yyn asking the very same question:
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,60167.0.html

as for the die nasty it depends on the axle, if its a short floating axle like in most metals, youre gonna have to use a suction cup or pry it off somehow. if its a nut and bolt, like a fhz, then pushing on the axle as mentioned above will work.

I took one for the team and started banging at a Die Nasty :smiley:

YES they can come off

axle bang on ground BANG BANG BANG (repeated and hard. I saw sparks, thought I bent the axle)

BUT

underneath the big outer lens is a small inner lens like on the counter attack / protostar banging the cap out by the bolt will require you to break this. This also means in the future the nut will not be retained in the half and if you put the cap back on you risk the nut falling out of the hole and troubles will ensue.

So

YES but permanent damage will be done/warranties voided/modifications will be needed after you do it.

4 Likes

Does that mean that it’s still impossible to pry the caps off by getting something sharp under there?

Thanks Ben!

Technically or not technically, they have caps.

They cover the side of the yoyo; they are caps. Also, every time Steve talked about them, he referred to them as caps.

if it is thin enough to get under the edge it is going to bend or snap… which could be dangerous so I’d strongly suggest not to do that.

Hey Ben, can you answer me the following?

1. Can you post up pics with the outer caps removed?

2. Can the outer caps be removed safely without damaging the yoyo? As in, is it possible to use suction cups or flathead screwdrivers to pry the outer caps out? (Even if it means damanging the caps)

3. Can the inner lens be removed safely without damaging the yoyo? The ones that you said looked like Protostar’s.

1 Like

::slight_smile:

what about the other side?

Guys this thread is awfully old… You could’a just sent Ben a PM