YYF Loop Series Comparison?

Can anyone point me to some kind of comparison of the Loop series throws from the factory (720, 900, 1080, etc.)? Or maybe give me a brief rundown?

Thanks team!

4 Likes

I am by no means an expert, but I will take a first pass at this:

Loop 360 - cheap, intro looping yoyo (~$10US). Has response pads that eventually need to be replaced and is not super well regarded.

Loop 720 - a little more expensive and durable than the 360 and currently frequently recommended as a starting place for 2A beginners. Starburst response, so no pad maintenance. Pretty solid and well tested yoyo. Uses metal spacers that come in 4 colors. Red, blue, green, and purple. If I recall correctly, the red spacers were originally available only in Japan and where highly sought after, but in the last few years they became more commonly available. Also, if I understand correctly, the purple spacers are basically the same as the red spacers, just newer. The spacers allow for a little bit of gap adjustment and can be mixed and matched.

Loop 900 - discontinued iteration on the 720 shape that used nylon spacers and apparently had some durability and stability issues. Starburst response.

Loop 1080 - discontinued? An iteration of the 900 design.

Loop 2020 - YYF’s current high end looping yoyo with several customization options. Starburst response with three interchangeable variants, three different axles, and three different spacer variants. The Shu Takada 2020 model is pre-configured the way that Shu prefers instead of the default setup.

iYoYo SUNRiSE - The Loop 720 body with YYJ spacers and bearing.

Basically, I have seen a lot of people recommend the 720 as a good place to start because it comes pretty well set up out of the box and does not have a potentially confusing set of configuration options (it doesn’t usually come with more than one set of spacers). The 2020 is probably better for more experienced players who want to fine tune their experience. I have read some people prefer the setup of the SUNRiSE to the original 720.

Disclaimer: I am terrible at 2A and, of the yoyos mentioned, I have only used the 360, 720, and 2020. I still haven’t decided if I like the 720 or 2020 better, but I no longer own the 360s.

4 Likes

There’s also a much older yoyofactory looper called the 720 that used string loop response, which was released in 2008.

7 Likes

Would love to find a decent pair of these mine are shot lol

The 1080s also had an adjustable gap. I have no idea why there were discontinued though.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info team.