First Time Looper

My 12yo son wants a looper for Christmas. He can do some 1A.

Is the 1080 good to start on, or is there a better choice for a 1st, 2a yo-yo?

No, don’t start on the 1080. That is what I got and I’m not a fan. After a while they became semi responsive and stalled at the end of each loop. To fix them I think I would needed to clean the bearing and lube before every practice session.

The 720s with the red spacer is what I use now. That would be the yoyo I recommend. Be sure to buy the one with red spacers as it will stay responsive unlike the 1080s.

4 Likes

I was looking at the looping yo-yos, and realized that the yo-yo I meant to ask about is the new 2020…

All good. I don’t own the 2020s (yet… hoping for a pair for christmas) but I wouldnt start with them because of the temptation to edit your setup rather then practice more. Most of 2a is practice and the 720s are great. I doubt he will need an upgrade unless he wants to compete. Hope this helps!:grin:

4 Likes

I agree with @kksimon I just started looping and it’s good to have yoyo’s that are relatively low maintenance. Loop 2020 looks fantastic though!

2 Likes

So I need the Japan edition? The USA ones available say “Green Spacer Edition”…

Yes the Japan edition are the ones with the red spacers. The USA versions will not. The glow 720s also come with the red spacers.

Cool, thanks for the help!

1 Like