Looping questions

If money was no object, which looping yoyo would be your favorite and why?

1 Like

I love the YYJ sunset trajectories, but they aren’t made anymore so tough to find.

Whatever the newest looper made by YYF is probably a good choice.

1 Like

YYJ sunset trajectories - hated those. Now YYJ Relics are a totally different story. But then I do love the Yomega Raider series, Particularly the Raider Ex.

And then again for just fun, casual looping, the TK No Jive, and most any BC looper is really nice

3 Likes

Don’t be a hater man! I bet you fling those babies around secretly.

2 Likes

Ehhh, nope, sold them a long time ago.

3 Likes

Draupnir

4 Likes

Yoyofactory 720’s are probably the Best looping yo-yos available today. Or ever available; ever…

Not really surprising; since the guys that designed the 720 yoyo; had already been looping for several years; when I met them over 20 years ago.

The 720 yo-yos are actually designed to loop very well; without any lube. And if you want them even more responsive; just the smallest of lube and you are good to go.

I guess the main thing I like about them is that there is nothing I don’t like about them.

The very best 2a players can loop with anything; no doubt.

But I can’t be concerned about how good other 2a players are.

My view is that if you ‘do’ have 2a potential; then having the best equipment should certainly help shorten the learning curve.

6 Likes

That’s actually the idea I had. The one thing that my wife loves, is the looping yoyo is inexpensive to get started with.

Oracle.

I dunno, the 2020 is really nice. Clever engineering with the interchangeable parts.

4 Likes

Yeah the 2020s are crazy - if I ever get good with these 720s I’ll get a pair of them.

1 Like

The Loop720 is the convergence and collaboration of the top minds in looping today. It was developed from studying the successful elements of all other models available currently and in the past. It also identified the failures of those other models. Capturing all of the best elements then has to be communicated/delivered in mass production. It wasn’t created in a vacuum. I personally played with everything available and have zero fear of saying it is the best available for the beginner and intermediate player. The loop2020 is for those who have played long enough to see “the matrix”. My best way to describe the difference between the loop720 and the loop2020 is the 720 has a numbness at the end of the string where the 2020 communicates its arrival at the end of the string (each has it’s benefits).

14 Likes

I always had a liking for agent Smith.

1 Like

In that case I should probably shelf the 2020s for now and get a pair of 720s since I still can’t loop for the life of me.

4 Likes

I have a 720, and just ordered a second one. You have confirmed what I believed. Just wanted to hear this from someone much better than I.

Possibly. The 720s are great for all levels - the 2020s can be fine tuned anyway an experienced looper wants it.

3 Likes

How do we feel about Hornets? I got two during Duncan’s Yoyo Day sale. Haven’t gotten around to trying to actually loop.

2 Likes

Be sure to let me know how the Hornets work out.

1 Like

I got a pair during the Duncan sale as well. I had high hopes for them.

Not necessarily a drawback, but they don’t flip as easily as Loop720s. They have also hung for me on rare occasions, but a little lube might help with that. I would have to play with them more to be sure.

The caps are fragile. One was cracked when I got it. They sent me a replacement yo-yo and since then another one somehow cracked. Probably doesn’t affect the play.

The caps also pop off from time to time, but I will also say that one of my Loop720s had a cap that spun and rattled until I used a little superglue. None of these mass produced yo-yos are perfect every time, so you can’t necessarily judge them by entirely by one anecdote. This was just my experience.

Go for the Loop720s if you don’t have them already. I like them better than Sunset Trajectory, Speed Beetle, Hornet, Unleashed.

2 Likes