YYF Horizon or shutter? (oversized yoyo's lover)

hello everyone! i need help,i cant decide which one to take.

when i was a kid i had a brain yoyo and all i was able to do is to throw a sleeper. ^^

17 years later, i decided to come back to this hobby. :slight_smile:

i’ve been yoyoing for a month but the first two weeks isnt count and ill tell you why.

i bought YYF whistler yoyo without knowing to much about yoyo’s and this yoyo really gave me a hard time and it was very BAD quality yoyo,almost made me quit yoyoing.

one week after that,i decided to give it another try and buy more expansive yoyo and read the reviews.
so i got the dark magic 2.

well after i got it i started using and i was REALLY happy with it! i was looking for responsive yoyo that had an ability to become unresponsive. i was training with it for a while and after i felt iam ready i decided to put the wide bearing and try binding again. (after failing with the whistler)

i was surprised to see how much it was easier to bind with this yoyo than the whistler.
now i really like to play unresponsive! (the best bind i know is bind that Andre boulay does in his videos).

the only thing i didnt like about the dark magic is that its small yoyo compared to the whistler.

now iam looking for an unresponsive yoyo and after reading some reviews and checking some yoyo’s i understood that actually the dark magic is a normal sized yoyo and the whistler is over sized yoyo.
i really liked the diameter of the whistler (59mm) and thats why iam thinking about getting the horizon and not the shutter.

can you help me decide please? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like youve already made up your mind. If you like em big, horizon is the winner.

so its the the winner hah? ;D

ok i ordered a GALAXY YYF horizon for extra 20$ and two konkave bearing for dark magic and horizon.
the original bearing is kinda bad,its a tiny bit responsive even after cleaning it…

anyone here have the galaxy horizon? looks amazing from the pics but i never found a video of it…

got the yoyo today. i LOVE IT! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

it makes string tricks more easy for me and spins forever!

also i put one of the koncave bearings on the dark magic and the spin time improved ALOT.

still the horizon is just way better. its easier to catch on the string and its dont want to lean!
its like it has resistant againts leaning to the sides…

there is one thing the concerns me.

i feel a minor vibration on the string when i play with the horizon. you cant actually see it,but you can feel small vibration depends on the speed of the spin.

i tired loosen it up alittle and the vibration gone but the bearing had a tiny bit of space between itself and one of the yoyo’s walls and i didnt liked it. so i screwed it back the way it was and the small vibe returned.

also i notice that the horizon does not spin as smooth as the dark magic. the dark magic spins so smooth that you cant tell if its even spinning. on the horizon you can tell…

is it normal with full metal yoyo’s? the yoyo works flawless and spins forever and fully unresponsive.

but still i wanna be sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

My Horizon vibes just a little bit as well. Mine smoothed out after a while of play, but it still goes wacky on Fingerspins, but you really don’t have to worry too much about it. The vibe straight from the factory is kind of rare, but it happens. Most higher quality yoyos won’t vibe, but it’s always a possibility. The smallest change in a half can cause some serious vibe sometimes.

thanks.

my sage and velocity also vibes alittle bit so i guess maybe the dark magic is a special one in smoothness.

i tired to replace the bearing with koncave but the bearing seems to be stuck and iam afraid to use force.
so if you’re saying that its pretty normal ill leave it as it is for now.

i have noticed that the vibe in the string got alittle worse so i replaced the bearing with koncave.

now the vibe is completely gone and the yoyo spin alittle bit more smoothly,also its now even more noisy which i like. :stuck_out_tongue:

i put the stock bearing now in nail polish remover,iam almost sure the bearing as dirt or something in there.