yyf hate?

If those small companies are successful will you stop supporting them too?

5 Likes

I don’t hate YYF. I don’t mind that they’re made in China. The whole world is practically made in China! I don’t care for my 888x, it’s just not my ideal throw. I love my Northstar. Especially for 5a. I like Center-Trak bearings. Before anyone calls me a fanboy, all I own is a 888x and a Northstar. I have no love/hate for YYF.

There may be as much, if not more, haters toward Jensen than yyf :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree with this. I try to get yoyos from many different companies. my current want list is: code 2, chief, c3 trident, burnside.

I also wanted to ask why so many people hating on jensen. before you respond do some research on him. I read the blog post thing by him to and it really changed my opinion about him.
I heard one person say “he threw away the yoyo he used for worlds”
yeah, trophys are great but thats not what it’s about. You shouldn’t yoyo just so you can be great and get trophies. Plus it was cracked so he couldn’t use it.
I have only been yoyoing for about 2 and 1/2 years so i still don’t know it all but it’s just my opinion. feel free to comment.

Haters will hate. you just have to hate the right thing. Hating yoyo companies is just strange to me. I don’t like Ben but he does more for this community than most. I don’t see why you can’t just not like them and move on rather than ranting about it on the net. Also if you don’t realize it you are giving YYF a lot more publicity than if people don’t post hate threads. I usually see more positive than hate in these hate threads. There are a few YYF yo’s I like.

I completely agree with dynikus. Yyf makes great quality yoyos. There is no need to have hatred towards them, and lets just hang on to the fact that their yoyos are pretty good.

lol, theres no hate in this thread admin. just a question as to whyy some dislike.

Referring to the title mostly.

That was not directed towards you either. I just see YYF hate threads all over the place. It’s ridiculous.

Nope, if they moved to china or some other cheap foreign country then I would. Since they are in America, they will be getting my business. Although I do have to say, I would take YYF over YYJ if I had to choose.

I fail to understand why there would be a “yyf hate” thread. If they didn’t make good stuff, they’d have been gone a long time ago. They seem to be very much alive and kicking. They make stuff I like, and as a result, hate threads or not, I’m buying it. I don’t really care what others think. That’s not saying I love all their products either, I’ve played one model of theirs that I didn’t like. How am I going to deal with that? I won’t buy that model. Easy, simple, proper resolution.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I think this is referring to the BST threads that state NO YYF. I believe that is mostly because people either have them or will just buy them new (or don’t like them which is there choice).

Maybe some people have the YYF models they want and don’t want anymore. We do have to understand that YYF(and YYJ too for that matter) have flooded the market with a wide variety of models. If someone simply doesn’t want to consider a brand, then who cares why. Obviously, it doesn’t have the value that they’d like to see coming their way, so they are just being up front about it and saving everyone time. Sucks for those who only have YYF’s to trade, but hey, we can’t please everyone all the time.

In the meantime, I’m definitely on the prowl for a Clear coat Paul Kerbel Edition MVP and a blue Made in USA SuperStar or 2012 light blue with silver splash Superstar. I’m also on the lookout for a pair of Loop900’s, preferably with the key and not a matched pair(swapped halves are OK, provided they are from the same pair, such as Red/blue and a blue/red swap), so if anyone is selling, I’m buying(well, depends on condition and price).

I got no YYF hate. There’s always room in my case for a few more. A few more of anything too!

I just had a bad experience in the past with customer service … not trying to get into details but basically YYE took care of me … either way i never got a reply back from yyf …

but I still have that same genesis (which i had issues with ) and also went on to buy lots of other yyf like superstar, avant and even bought a bunch of their mystery packs last year…

there is no hate … i think that when we all start to throw in the beginning … we tend to go towards yyf (at least i did)… but eventually we all want to see what else is out there and try other products

now if i would have gotten a reply back … would i have bought more yyf … maybe a few more but the urge to try other products would still be there …

I’ve got a genesis, protostar, and supernova and love them all. I think YYF makes great yoyos for the intermediate players but they can’t compare there quality to for example CLYW. Enough said.

Aside from what’s already been said, I guess one reason I don’t really like YYF is because most of their team plays the same. Obviously, there are exceptions, and quite a few of them, but you definitely don’t see the variety of trick from YYF that comes from CLYW, C3, YYR, OD, and probably more than a few others I can’t recall.

I dislike YYF for their questionable actions that happened with Jensen. I like some of their yoyos though… As for where the yoyos being made in china, when you buy from them you are still helping a US company with American workers…helping them keep their jobs… It’s still located in the US.

Years ago I bought an 888 and it blew my mind. I bought a 44 and it blew my mind. I bought a Die-Nasty and it blew my mind. I stopped buying YYF because of all the negativity about them in the yoyo world. I picked up a Supernova and an Avant Garde last year my jaw dropped…amazing, amazing throws. I thought, “Man, these people make great yoyos.” Really, the majority of us, myself included, do not compete and have no influence on the hobby/sport/toy that is the yoyo. We should only care if we have fun yoyos to throw and influential people to watch/learn from. The majority of my collection may be CLYW, One Drop, X3, ILYY,etc…but YYF got big for a reason, and that reason is solid, amazing throws and very intelligent marketing. Like it or not, this hobby as we know it today wouldn’t be alive without bigger companies like YYF. Yoyos are yoyos. Money is money. I’m going to buy what is fun, we all should, and seriously people need to stop their griping…I’m over it.

what questionable actions with jensen?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but what I’ve read was he joined yyf to get the support he needed to compete, and they supplied it. He won worlds, but then realized that winning wasn’t what yoyoing was about, so he quit yyf and went back with clyw. Then he quit clyw and went off on his own. Haven’t really heard anything from him in quite some time, but I think I did see a video recently saying lsfc (little scrappy fetus crew) was back.

I agree with the second bit though.

Op wanted these deleted but I think a lock is in order.