YYF Delrin Severe

YYF Severe Review:

Looks: I got the black version it looks great. The side caps are cool. 7/10

Play: It plays better than a dv888 and a dark magic 2. But mine devolped a vibe after two days. Nothing major. But in play it is stable and accurate on the string. Some gyroscopic precession but that might be the flat bearing I am using right now. Grinds are better than anything even my Gnarwhal thanks to the Delrin 6.5/10

Durability: Seems durable. I managed to get two surface scratches 8/10

Comparisons: It can hang with the gnarwhal, but the vibe turns me off from it a little bit. I t blows the Dark magic 2 out of the water. It destroys my old dv888 in terms of play and looks. It’s vibe is comparable to a grind machine type vibe. 7/10

Total: 28.5/40
Specs:

Diameter:
56.17 mm / 2.21 inches
Width:
44 mm / 1.73 inches
Response System:
CBC Slim Pad Size 19mm OD
Weight:
65.6 grams
Bearing Size:
Center Trac Bearing by CBC

In conclusion, this is a great throw that should be considered if you have a spare bearing and can handle some minor vibe.

Update: I fixed the vibe by using some teflon tape around the axle. This is a beast of a throw regardless of minor vibe. Also YYE is sending me a new bearing. Hooray!

Note: I do the the finger thing to smooth out my vibe when testing and that usually is able to smooth it down a ton. Also in the string on a hard throw you can feel it vibing. But it is manageable. Also it comes with Red pro pads which wear out in the blink of an eye. So I ordered some Shinwoo p-pads to try in it. Will update when I put them in.

I really like the format of this review. I love the number system you used. A little bit more on depth would have helped the overall quality of the review.

Agreed^ def a good review

update #1

I got my gem psg and it was dead smooth and performed great. But the severe is just as stable and rocks the horizontals

We’re any changes made on the gems from the original run of psg’s?

they are a gram or two heavier

Ok I was wondering because my Psg is just a lil viby even with a near perfect throw and I was curious to see if they did anything about that

Good Review, I would like to see some pictures though.

I will post them soon