YYF BiND in 2022

At around Thanksgiving time in 2020, I purchased the YYF BiND

I got it for 60 dollars on sale thinking it was just going be a good-priced throw I could use as an everyday beater.

After I played with it, I then wondered why it was on sale in the first place.

It is so good. Pretty quick. Stable. Powerful. Wide. Perfect Binds. (Lol)

I mean why else would I use it for a contest. (Scales v6 amateur though, third)

There were no issues as far as the specs went except…

THE WEIGHT!

Yeah, it’s not crazy heavy… but as a competition yoyo I still use it almost every day in 2022, it is quite heavy. Even though it may not seem heavy on the string, you could still really have the weight on your hands as you play.

I mean I guess it is a tri-metal yoyo, 6061, SS, and Brass, but still, that was just the one flaw the yo-yo had.

Now don’t get me wrong it’s amazing! I love it! It was my favorite throw for a long period of time! But it just needed an update. It was great but I know what YYF is capable of. @yyfben2.deactivated you guys make some of my favorites yoyos that I will always love! And I’ve had my eye on the Damage, but I’m just wondering if there will be an update on the BiND like there was on the Edge

Maybe keeping the same diameter, gap width, and width but tweaking the weight? You could try removing the brass and SS from an inner ring design and making an outer ring design that doesn’t go all the way to the rim, like the Edge.

I love the BiND but those are just my thoughts on the BiND in 2022! Keep doing what you’re doing YYF,

Allen

4 Likes

I read bind a little wrong. A lot of elite players need a little more weight to get through tricks. The extra weigh adds confidence and spin time and really benefits a player at the super elite level. I saw Nate’s tricks going more this way. At the same time he pivoted to more regens and speedier direction changes so bind wasn’t what nate needed. Perhaps that was enough for the marketing not to click but bind got little love. Heavier wasn’t sexy. Everyone wanted lightweight! We will be implementing the brass insert design idea for another player this year. For Nate, yeah, damage was that direction correction but with no contests Nate hasn’t had a chance to show it off!

I think the next way we would go with nate is a new nd shape with a more traditional bimetal rim. Maybe for nationals in June

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that new design!

2 Likes

I used to avoid any throw under 64g/65g. My skill seemed to drop with the weight or just plain did. But as you mentioned, these days, over 64g and it’s ‘heavy’.

Even beginners liked extra weight. :slight_smile:
I used to love what’s now known as heavy or extra weight. A beginner at the time, 66-68g, just helped me power through 4 or 5 tricks as 2 or 3.

Now I love a 63g throw. Drop Bear was the 1st light weight I tried iirc. Now that weight is common.

3 Likes