How to bind a lightweight unresponsive yo yo

Greetings call me Chris. I am new to the forum, and just recently started playing with unresponsive Yoyo’s. I bought a Yomega Xodus 2 a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. So when I found a 99 cent unresponsive yo yo1027181116

I just couldn’t pass it up. Now its driving me nuts.

Being hollow plastic, there is not much spin time for tricks and the Starburst it too close to the wall. So it just spins at the moment. Of course, for 99¢ I could toss it in the trash…but what would be the fun in that. And that is what brings me here.

Does anyone have any tips to bind and retrieve such a light weight? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Give yourself a bigger “tail” when you start your bind, maybe?

2 Likes

It might also help to give the yoyo some swing as you bind. This might be difficult if binding is still very new to you, but it’ll feel more natural as you progress. The idea here is just to get the yoyo level or above your hand, so that when the bind kicks in, the yoyo is coming down into your hand or moving across your body into your hand as opposed to having to fight gravity all the way up the string. I hope this makes sense!

6 Likes

I am working on binds with the yomega at the moment but I filled the spinnit with wax to increase its mass…So we’ll see. At 99¢ i don’t have to worry about ruining the yo.

1 Like

A lighter tug from your throw hand during the bind along with the longer “tail” can help a bit with super light yoyos. Keeping your movements more fluid so that you aren’t yanking the yoyo around during tricks or binds should increase your spin time and help you keep better control over the yoyo.

Simply buy a better yoyo. I know its cute and only cost .99, truth is that thing is a POS that will only bring sorrow. Go get a Yomega Maverick, same place you bought the Xodus, GREAT little yoyos that can play anywhere from full response to no response. have fun bud.

3 Likes