Looking to get back in the game. Can I get guidance?

hey guys. I’ve been out of the game since about 2017, maybe you guys can help me narrow a list down for me?

you know how to bind the yoyo? Yes

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Currently throwing a YYF shutter wide angle thats pretty beat. I like the way it feels kind of floaty on the string. Much more than the dv888 and i even think a little more so than my OD code 1

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? I Have hade H / Bell shapes, but would be willing to try W.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? I had the dv888 and it felt clunky. I have had 2 yoyos at about 64 grams so I think I’d like to stay from 63 to 65 grams, I like somewhat floaty but still Stable

-Do you have a price range? I’d want something worth it but I don’t think I’d wanna pay more than 115, but I don’t wanna go too cheap either. I have a cheap throw to bang around already, want something nice :ok_hand:

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.

Honestly I don’t know where to really start.
Ideally what im looking for is something that’ll be very stable but still pretty maneuverable. I’ve never tried a bi metal and I’ve heard they’re worth it. I have a pretty banged up shutter wide angle and I like it but its pretty banged up. I know the SWA is a great throw, but I want something a little more premium. For whatever reason, even though specs are similar besides width, I didn’t really like my OD that much but I cant exactly pinpoint the reason.

-Do you prefer a certain brand? I have seem to have had a lot of YYF, I have had 3. Im willing yo venture out tjo

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? 1A

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem? Unresponsive is all that matters. Not the response system itself.

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks? Don’t care

-What trick are you currently working on? Magic drop, cold fusion

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good? Just has to be decent I haven’t ventured into that much grinding yet.

6 Likes

Some ones that I was looking at was the sengoku samurai, YYF flame, yoyofriends peregrine, YYF horizon ultra, but I was just looking at reviews and specs. If you guys have other suggestions let me know

2 Likes

bud, this was an EXTREMELY well thought out post. our styles don’t crossover too much, but i wanted to mention that… and i’ll still put in effort regardless :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Go for a meerkat. It’s around the weight you want, and is stable. It’s great for learning tricks too.

1 Like

I was actually looking into the meerkat as well! I’ll add that to the list. Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you it took me over an hour between going back and forth between the shop site and the forum looking at specs and stuff haha

3 Likes

You should see if damien puckett has anymore wisterias available. Otherwise I’m enjoying the confluence.

Honestly, I’d recommend any yoyo that is considered a beater. You are in a critical time where you either decide you want to continue yoyoing or to move on to something else, so a good yoyo would be a yoyo that you can beat the crap out of, experimenting different tricks and play styles.

Haha thanks ken! Yeah, I have been throwing on and off since like 2010, im probably sticking to it this time. I make tiktok yoyoing videos so its a big part of what I do now. I think I will be sticking to 1A. 5A seems cool too but not interested in double yoyos or looping yoyos or off string. Thank you for the advice! Im keeping my SWA for that reason of beating the crap out of it but still would like a nice throw for my videos and stuff.

I am just getting back into yo-yo after about a year off. Feel like I’m not too much further ahead in technique. I just bought my first two bi metal rim weighted yo-yos and they’re taking some time adjusting, but overall super worth the money.

All of the yoyo’s you seem interested in will be awesome. I’ve heard great things about the peregrine. If you like quick/floatier throws I know one drop makes some super agile stuff.

My advice is to grab yourself a decent plastic throw like the wedge or replay pro. They play well enough to learn new tricks and you don’t have to worry about damaging them because of low cost. There also nice to have around if someone asks to try.

Also when you switch to something nicer in your collection it’s going to feel worlds easier linking and landing the combos you work out on your plastic throw.