Been throwing for 'bout 5 weeks... Need new throw...

Hey guys I am looking for a new yoyo. I have a broken Dv888 :(, a yyf shaqlerstar (good throw but not that stable), yyj classic (very good throw :)) , yyj pinnacle(for some reason mine is very unstable), and a yyj go big( good 4a throw but not that wide to catch very easily). I’ll give u an idea of my skill level…I’m currently mastering last 6 tricks on advanced prt 2, I know some expert level tricks like Spirit Bomb, Laceration, all the grinds, can also do Hour Glass 8)(still smoothing most of these out) O_o *just realized I yoyo ALOT considering I’ve only played for about 5 weeks (well… I did yoyo like 4 years ago but I only did walk the dog, rock the baby, etc. XD)…

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? Yes.

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Dv888 (Stock), Shaqlerstar (Stock), yyj Classic (w/ silicone pad+speed bearing)

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? shape thats stable, long spin time… Hate shape of yyj pinnacle(VERY UNSTABLE)

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? 63-70 gram range

-Do you have a price range? under $60 (might be able to go less than $80)

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? Duncan Strix, Duncan Echo, C3 Capless (theres about 13 of them left :P), I’m open to suggestions…

-Do you prefer a certain brand? no

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? String tricks, Expert-Master Level Tricks, Horizontal, Horizontal finger grinds, Thumb/Arm Grinds

-Do you prefer a certain response system? Pad Response (CBC, Kpad/YYJ/IrPad silicone, etc.)

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks? No

-What trick are you currently working on? last 6 tricks Advanced Part 2+Expert Level+Master Level tricks+Horizontal (I tended to skip around Expert Level + Master Level tricks)

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good? Yes, I love thumb grinds and Horizontal finger grinds.

-What size do you prefer? any size (preferably easy to maneuver in string tricks but any size will do)

P.S.- Why I’m not using dv888? cuz it was my first actual throw in 4 years( its ding city so grinds it are a no go, I was a beginner when i got it (should’ve shelved it till I was better, My best throw :frowning: ), There were so many dings it downgraded performance, and oh yeah… today the axle snapped in half when I unscrewed it to take out a knot for some reason :frowning: , my classic and shaqlerstar couldn’t handle expert and above tricks that well…)

A yoyojam bi-metal could be a nice choice. Maybe try the fever, x-con, or phenomizm. I have heard great reviews of the werrd hour, but haven’t tried one (don’t rule it out)

I think the c3 capless sounds good for you. You can also check out the di base 2. But you might want to have your price range s little higher next time :slight_smile: i dont know many hood yoyos in that price range, i think you should check out different brands, but i probably go with the capless. Your best bet is to look at the b/s/t. For $65, you can get almost anything. Im bored, so here’s some you can buy: catalyst(hated it:) you might like it), Burnside ($85 :’(), di base 2 (c3 $55), capless,phenomizm, crucial AYCE, umm, that might be it, I’d go capless,might think about the di base 2, only cuz I love the shape.

Are the capless, di base 2, crucial acts good for string tricks, horizontal, horizontal finger grinds…? What are your thoughts on the duncan strix, duncan echo, duncan metropolis…? Are they good for string tricks, horizontal, horizontal finger grinds too?