Looking for my first Metal

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? (If you don’t know what bind means then you don’t know how)

Yes

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Describe every detail. Eg. what kind of friction stickers you are using, cleaned bearing or not, and so on.

I enjoy my YYF Northstar and Regen

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? Answer it by saying like the shape similar to this or that yoyo. Some people just hopping into the yoyo groove haven’t tried all the shapes and want to explore. When this happens its all about experimenting. Please try new yoyos at contests or anywhere you can get ahold of someone for those of you in this situation. The more yos you try the less likely you are going to order something you don’t like. for those of you who live in a cave. then buy a yoyo and live with it.

I like H and V shaped yoyos, I want to stay away from Organic/other shapes. Anything similar to the Northstar or Regen is a good start.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.

Yes, I like heavier more stable yoyos, Rim-weighted is what I like.

-Do you have a price range?

I would like to stay under $100, but willing to listen to other recommendations too.

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.

I do not have a narrowed down list yet, thats what I am hoping to get from this thread.

-Do you prefer a certain brand?

nope, just looking for good quality and stability

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.

1A

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem?

nope

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?

nope

-What trick are you currently working on?

many lol, mostly Advance 1 tricks on this site.

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?

I wouldn’t mind it being able to finger/arm grind, but its not a mandatory requirement.

Main thing I am looking for is very stable, decent weight/rim-weighted, and a string-centering bearing would be a plus.

probably alot of people will say this but the shutter is one of the best for the price.
other honorable mentions.
Horizon
Too Hot
Aviator

Since you state that you’re enjoying your Regen and Northstar i’m going to presume that you favor full size yoyos and i’m going to go with that :slight_smile:

So. More heavier, stable, rimweighted yoyos, H or V?
Werrd Tre
YYF Cyborg (110$)
YYF Superstar
YYF Aviator
OD Gradient
C3 Mo-vitation

The ones alecto suggested are great aswell, but you said you were comfortable with under 100$, so I suggested yoyos more in that price range.

If you can find the new auldey green yoyo

OneDrop V or H benchmark. There you go, now you have enough extra money for a few thousand strings and a couple bearings.

Quick question (which I am sure I know the answer too).

The northstar is a v shape correct, and the regen is an h shape?

I do prefer the shape of Tue northstar a tad more then I do the regen, but the regen tells better made/ put together.

I hate autocorrect

The Northstar is more of a H or W-shape.

The closest benchmark to that W shape is the 2013 v benchmark correct?

I looks that way to me, anyways. I wouldn’t try to get a shape exactly like your “Northstar”, you might find that you actually like a different shape later on.

Ok, so I think I have narrowed it down to a Benchmark H, but which one? The 2014 is lighter, but will that have an affect on stability?

I know I could just buy heavier side effects if I wanted to so that might be a moot point. If they were both the same weight, would the 2014 be better then the 2013, or are they mostly identical?

Buying heavier side effects won’t make a difference in stability, since stability comes from rim weight, not center weight, it’ll just make it floaty-er.

Ah, makes sense.

But my question still stands, if I were to only buy one Benchmark H; should I get the 2013 or 2014 and why?

To be honest, I don’t really know why you’d get one over the other, they’re practically the same. Although I’d have to say that I’d probably go with the new one, since I heard they reworked and tweaked the design for better performance, and it’s also 2 bucks cheaper.

Well I pulled the trigger and took advantage of the buy 3 get the 4th benchmark free deal here on yoyoexpert. i can’t wait!

I know I went over my budget, but I don’t think I will be disappointed

“won’t” be disappointed

I tried to edit my last post but these forums hate my phone

Magicyoyo n12 is also a super yoyo with that price

Awesome! Did you get all the shapes?

Yep all 4 hehe