Several yoyos up for consideration after YYF Shutter

Do you know how to bind the yoyo?

Yup

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much?

YYF Shutter

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo?

H-shaped or slightly V-ish H-shaped butterfly yoyos. Gotta be a full-size yoyo

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.

62-68 grams total weight. I prefer rim-weighted yoyos for stabilit and fairly low walled.

-Do you have a price range?

Under $100

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.

OD Benchmark H-Shape
YYF CZM8
Level6
Weerd 86400
OD Code 2

-Do you prefer a certain brand?

Not really

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.

1A

-Do you prefer a certain response system?

Anything but old school starbursts

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?

What??

-What trick are you currently working on?

CLYW Tutorial tricks on youtube.

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?

I don’t really care for grinds.

If I had the money I would extend my budget to get a CLYW yoyo but are those reeeeally worth it? Not sure. I wonder how these “budget metals” stack against some higher end stuff. I did look at the Artic Circle 2nd Expedition just for though. The shutter is fun but I want something different I guess. I feel that the shutter is really unforgiving. It might make sense as it is a competition yoyo, but not a very “fun” yoyo. A more of serious style of yoyo I think it plays. Oh I remember the days when Duncan Throwmonkeys and flying squirrels just came out, fun stuff.

I haven’t tried any of the ones you list, but if your limit is 100$ i’d look away from the cheapest, like the CZM8 and the Level 6.
YYF Aviator is full sized and said to be incredibly stable.
So is the New Superstar.

EDIT: The newest runs of Aviators is over 100$ because of the splashes they got. My bad.

A yoyo I really think you should look into is the One drop Gradient, I think it would fit your preferences well and be a really nice complement to your shutter

You have some great yoyos picked out. Any of them you try, you will love.

If I had to list them in order of which ones I like the most, it would look like this.

1. Code 2
  2. 86400
  3. Benchmark H
  4. CZM8
  5. Level 6

I personally found the code 2 boring and the czm8 was pretty close there. Level 6 is a little thin but the last 2 are great throws. The 86400 is one of my all time favorite oversize throws so I’d say go for that since it’ll be a bit different from the shutter.

I have to disagree with my friend sparhawk here. When I got the CZM8, it was floaty and lighter than a Shutter that I’ve tried. So if you like playing semi fast and pretty light and floaty, I definitely recommend the CZM8. It plays just as well, and is stable (i.e. doesn’t flip over or lose its balance after a while)

+1

+Another 1

86400 is fantastic.