Which budget intermediate yoyo?

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? Yes

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Describe every detail. Eg. what kind of friction stickers you are using, cleaned bearing or not, and so on.

I’ve only really had one decent yoyo which is the YYJ Speedmaker. I like it, but I haven’t really tried anything else so I really don’t know what I’m talking about. I haven’t done anything to it besides change the string.

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo?
I haven’t tried enough throws to have a preference on this. I would like something that would be good for 1A and be stable (as I am kind of a newbie).

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.
I don’t have a preference yet, but something stable with long/decent spin times. Maybe a mid-weight throw? Is that a thing? Educate me :slight_smile:

-Do you have a price range? $40-$50, if you can give me a good argument for something outside of that I can pull some strings…

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.
[b]I’ve heard good things about:
Too HOT
Shutter
C3 yoyos
etc

I would love to hear more suggestions[/b]

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.
1A

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem? No. However, I am looking for an unresponsive throw.

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind well? That might be fun

Also, if anyone is selling a throw that might work well for me, I would be interested in buying it ;D.

Thank you!

So for you, out of what you listed, I’d say get either the shutter or too hot. Been hearing great things about both. But, I do have a spyy pro for sale :P. Mid sized, pretty stable, good to grinds too

1 Like

YoyoFactory has a few great budget throws. Here are some of the most recommended ones:
Shutter
CZM8 (CZM84VK)
Horizon
Too Hot

1 Like

orbis

1 Like

orbis is good, shutter also a good option
if u want oversize, horizon and jaeger are beast
for a cheaper price, yoyofficer has many option for it like Kilter or Lava

1 Like

Definitely the Shutter.

1 Like

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a larger or smaller yoyo?

Also, thanks everybody for all of your responses! You guys are fast :o

oversized yoyo advantage for me i think it can spin longer. for disadvantage i think for some people it will be too big.
for undersized the advantages are able to play with speed and more agile. For disadvantages, some have shorter time of spin and hard to hit

1 Like

You are in a position where you can get analysis paralysis. There are so many yoyos at that price point that are going to be great. They will all be good choices.

If you WANT to look at a bunch of options and then decide, welcome to the club. :wink: If you just want to get on with it, order a TooHOT and don’t look back!

If you don’t just get the TooHOT, others to consider include:

C3 Level 6, Accelerator
C3 Accelerator
Werrd Minute
YYO Orbis, Musket
YYF TooHOT (as mentioned), Shutter, Horizon, CZM8
YYJ Dark Magic II, Revival
Whimsy Roar

Add a couple bucks for:

OD Benchmark '14 series (take your pick)
Werrd 86400
YYF Cypher

I mean, there are tonnes… but if you don’t see something from the above list that appeals to you, I would be surprised.

Again, though… could save yourself the analysis, get a TooHOT, and THEN start researching your subsequent purchase while you have a world-class yoyo to play… :wink:

3 Likes

Anthony basically hit it dead on. I tend to like larger yoyos because of they stability, but then I do enjoy throwing smaller yoyo sometimes, and they are easier to bring places

For real though, just pick the one that you like the look of most (including the shape and specs). You can’t really go wrong with most of the new yyfs and any of the ODs that you can afford should be good

1 Like

You called it haha. I’m stuck between the Too HOT, Horizon, and the Shutter…

Can anybody who has these throws tell me what you like or dislike about them?
Or point me in the direction of some good reviews.

Thank you everybody who has responded to my questions!!!

Edit: I bought a Too HOT