New throw, which one?

Hello! My name is Jack and I’m wondering what a good yoyo is for an amateur/intermediate yoyoer for me. I currently have my eyes on a ghost edition yyj dark magic II, but I still would like to hear your guy’s opinion. I want a throw that will take me through more advanced tricks and do me well. Nothing with a ridiculous price tag would be preferable. I would make it responsive, just to keep in mind. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!!

The Dark Magic is a great yoyo, then a good yoyo to perfect harder tricks without the ‘horrendous’ price tag is, in my opinion, the C3yoyodesign Teleport

PM Me if you have a B!ST Tondo F/T

So many great choices in that price range. IMHO a Shutter @ $45

Depends on what brand you want to try.

YYF: Shutter, Aluminum Dream, Too Hot, Horizon - they each offer a different experience as they’re different shapes and are around the same price range.

Most of the Yoyofficer throws fit the bill nicely, again a variety of shapes to try out.

iYoyo Hidra, has a nice premium feel to it without the premium price tag. Very stable and easy to catch.

You mentioned about being responsive, you could get some thick lube along with these, but I’d go for learning to bind so you can learn some other tricks (and not worry if a yoyo is going to come hurtling toward your knuckles).

All of these yoyos will take you right up to the hard stuff. You won’t “need” a $100 throw to hit an expert-level trick, but they are nice to have in a collection :slight_smile:

Thank you for your suggestions. I won’t collect though. I’m still stuck with a Duncan butterfly xt without a string. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would try unresponsive, it’s a lot of fun!

Shutter is a great yoyo to start with, it’ll grow with you too as you get better :slight_smile:

Now its between a shutter or hidra. I want something stable smooth and quiet. I also want something that won’t destroy my hand when I bind. Lemme now below.

or a dark magic II

Definitely a Shutter compared to the other two IMO.

The Shutter is quiet and smooth, make sure you put some thin lube in the bearings.

Does the paint on a splash affect how balanced the yoyo is?

I would seriously consider the replay and replay pro. The prior is responsive, then can be easily upgraded to be unresponsive (hence the pro). It’s made of plastic, which hurts less when it hits you. And is cheap, which hurts less when it hits something else. Also incredibly stable and can handle any trick you’ll throw at it. If you’re looking for the best priced item, that fits all your criteria. Replay.

Not that I know.

Cant go wrong with a one drop vanguard. very smooth, great quality and a great price. its a yoyo that will take you from advanced tricks and beyond and will serve you well over the years of using it.

Buy the round one.

Always the round one.

Thanks to you guys! I ordered a Black w/ Gold Splash Shutter and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. Super excited, and I think I’ll really enjoy it. Thanks!!!

Woohooo!! Grats!!
Love the Black w/ Gold colorway on the Shutter.

Enjoy.

Nope! Because it’s not really paint. It’s more of a dye. Somebody posted a video on how anodizing works, but I can’t find it anywhere. If the person who posted that sees this, please share it. It was a guy anodizing a blue/black metal tube or something like that.

got it​:hugs::hugs::hugs::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::money_mouth_face:

Just learned how to bind, still working on it tho

Enjoy your new Shutter!!