Looking For a New Throw!

Alright, so as you might have seen, my AoE has tragically fallen victim to a stuck, oversized axle, rendering it unusable. I luckily had a spare MAGICYOYO to tide me over, but I wasn’t really feeling it. However, I have a bit of money saved up (45$), so Im deciding to get a new throw! Problem is, I have NO clue how to pick out throws, so I’m going to the forums!

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? Yes, but not very well.

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much?
AoE, responsive & unresponsive, flowable silicone response, lubed bearing.

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo?
Any shape besides an extreme H or Organic, and an Organic-V hybrid would be preferred.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution?
No.

-Do you have a price range?
45$, but may be able to push it.

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down?
No.

-Do you prefer a certain brand?
No.

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.
No.

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem?
No.

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?
Dont care.

-What trick are you currently working on? Basic unresponsive tricks and binds (whips are KILLING me).

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good? No.

4 Likes

The Shutter yoyo meets your requirment, but shipping fees may be an issue because it is right on 45$ and you need to have 50 or over to have free shipping.

2 Likes

yoyofriends has some bangers, id look into the paragraph or shortcut for a more W-shaped yoyo. you also might like the bastet 2 for the shape :saluting_face:

2 Likes

The paragraph is one of my mains right now. Have two of them don’t regret it. Though if you are getting it for fingerspin you might be disappointed since it is difficult to land the fingerspin.

A lot of people like the Colossus VI and VI max. I prefer the Jds version of the Colossus.

Also can’t go wrong with the spotlight.

For $15 more than the $45 limit you can get the speedaholic fx hybrid.

2 Likes

I recommend Annie mono

It’s more of a V but it spins good and you’d save 10$ for string or whatever. Lots of the top yo stuff is better than the low prices suggest bc they machine their own yo-yos.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind used, I’d just scroll bst and ask the seller about something that catches your eye. If i were to throw out a recommendation, it would be the topyo null. 7068 so it’s durable, and a very respectable amount of power for a mono, with a rounded off V shape, and slightly h shaped body.

3 Likes

C3 Krown
YYF Shutter
Unparalleled ReCognition
Duncan Haymaker
Duncan R-Type
C3 Cyber crash
TopYo Collosus

That price point is pretty stellar in terms of selection.

Many more are available if you go the BST.

good luck

Enjoy the throw
kgb

2 Likes

Shuriken’s Roppo is very good for the price.

I’ll second this. The Null was recommended to me when I hadn’t tried many, and I was/am super happy with it. Great bang for the buck.

2 Likes

7075 aluminum. This one is tough to beat especially for the price.

3 Likes

Well they are not welcomed as much as our Country on YYE, I highly recommend Lapaz from YJ as they have good performance compared to its price.
Smooth, all rounded, and mostly cheap I really like this yoyo
However one thing I concern is that YJ has released more modified version of lapaz a year after this and Lapaz in YYE is not the one, so it lacks little performance than new version. But still I often throw this 'cause I love it so why don’t you giving it a try?

3 Likes

I second that on the C3yoyodesign Cyber Crash. My yoyo mentor ( a yoyo retailer buddy) set me up with one when I started out in Unresponsive.

Its really great. Super smooth and agile. Feels great in the hand. Amazingly quiet too. Flows through any trick Ive tried so far.

And…its way in your budget. The Solids run about $30.00

1 Like

Yoyofactory Bullseye is so good and it is only 35-40 dollars. I suggest that for a good budget metal.

Bro in that price range, its gotta be a topyo. All their less expensive stuff plays like more expensive stuff. I have this T.R.Y. its the last cheap throw i own but i refuse to sell it because I LOVE IT. $35

2 Likes