YYE Discord?

Hi,

Discord is a massive and really convenient chat platforms, like skype but way better. I know r/throwers has a discord server, but I was wondering if YYE has one? If not, there should really be one!

5 Likes

It kinda serves the same purpose as the YYE forums, but has more features such as custom emojis and voice chat. Discord bots also provide many services from server management to music playing to mini-games.

1 Like

Ehhh, we have Discourse. :wink:

(In case you hadn’t noticed, we just underwent a major overhaul of YYE to Discourse.)

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle: (lol I googled it and checked out their website. When i saw their images…)

1 Like

There’s not a specific YYE discord, but there is a throwers discord!

2 Likes

It essentially replaces IRC so you might look for people into that, there was an IRC channel for YYE at one point.

3 Likes

Didn’t you basically invent discord? Saw something like that

1 Like

dis·cord /ˈdiskôrd/
disagreement between people.

dis·course /ˈdisˌkôrs/
written or spoken communication or debate.

13 Likes

Discord is a lot less monitored (even with good bots) and the chat is really hard to control. Its a lot more chaotic, its like mostly meant for gaming because you need that quick communication.

5 Likes

This is why I love the name.

But @Marm yeah @codinghorror I’m sure is the Grand Architect of Discourse.

1 Like

Very familiar with Discord (and Slack, etc). Agreed - I think it could have its place in the community… I have thought about it and might set one up at some point (especially if we decide to try and get everyone to link up at Nationals Worlds or something). So stay tuned! :blush:

7 Likes