Trick talk discord (a resource for trick tutorials and discussion)

we started a discord that is specifically focused on pushing and encouraging others to improve their skills and tricks.

additionally we are trying to create a resource where someone can find a bulk of the tutorial channels that are on youtube. feel free to join if that sounds interesting to you.

11 Likes

How do you feel this differs from the 17? Discord servers we already have? As someone that already feels we have way to many of these things and a major flaw of discord. What makes this one different from like a trick chat channel on a discord that already has top pros?

it is solely dedicated to tricks and improvement. every other discord sever has a general chat that is the most active channel by a wide margin, and it is a social chat that doesn’t relate to yoyo quite often. this server does not have any off topic chat. the server also has a majority channels set to ‘threads’, as this helps remedy one of the main issues with discord which is how hard it is to find previous discussions, in this way it is set up more like a forum.

additionally, as stated in the post, the server has a goal to be a resource for people to find tutorials (and people talking about those tutorials) in one place, as they are scattered on youtube. we have already had people find new channels that they were totally unware of.

while i agree there are a lot of yoyo discords and that discord really isn’t the ideal platform for this sort of discussion (i prefer forums), this server was created to fill a hole in the community that myself and others have talked about for months (a place solely dedicated to tricks that has a limited social aspect). those are a few of the ways the server differs from other discord servers. some people may not have an interest in that sort of thing and that’s okay.

hope this helps :white_heart:

edit: also, there are 5 sponsored players and 3 people who run companies in the server already, if that matters to you

9 Likes

bumping this again because it’s already proven to be an amazing resource, there’s a forum channel with a compilation of tutorials that alone would be super useful for learning throwers that’s over 50 youtube channels long at this point

2 Likes