YoYoStringLab

are ammo the same as type x from yysl?
If they are can someone please explain. :slight_smile:

No, they are different types of YYSL string. Type X has a standard thickness with nice feel and performance. It can take layers in the gap. Ammo is thicker, with a similar feel, but with the extra weight, slacks and whips are super nice, and trick binds are a little eaiser.

My wife is going to love these, heck I really dig the video and the colors myself.

Hmm, you’re right. Now I’m more attracted to the middle colors, haha. Either way, they look great!

Just ordered some Bubble Gum Type X and a Fusion Fuchsia Tube of Ammo to match my Pink OG Project I’m getting :slight_smile:

So many have asked for this, now you can get the stands to hold your Ammo.

You can either purchase it, or add it to your cart with 4 tubes of Ammo and it’s free.

There’s a link to it on the Ammo page, but this will take you directly: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/977

i need to try some. i dont like how toxic feels and im not a big fan of the expert strings either. i like the feel and play of kitty.

Stuff’s amazing. As with all things, there are different types of tradeoffs for the awesomeness that is Ammo. It won’t last as long as trilobal-based stuff (ie. slick-feeling string), and there’s a bit more friction as layers rub against each other (but not moreso than standard poly; just compared to the slick stuff, again).

Toxic has all kinds of different strings, so saying “I don’t like how Toxic feels” needs qualifying. :wink: I’m not an enormous fan of Dragon strings, but I do like their Snakes. These are completely different strings!

But back to YYSL: thanks for the option to get the stand, Matt! I’m tempted to get a 4-pack because of the strings’ awesomeness but also so that my kid can have a new “test tube rack”. Science is hands-down his favourite activity!

In case you haven’t seen our Facebook page, let me bring you up to date:

2012 U.S. National Champion in 3A and YoYoFactory team member, Patrick Borgerding joined YoYoStringLab after BAC in late May 2013. “I have really come to love the Ammo string, especially after I have broken it in for about an hour. A major problem with 3A is, due to the shorter string, I get a lot of slippage after a long trick and a new throw. With the thicker Ammo string, I have essentially eliminated the issue and it works great for my horizontal tricks which binding is really quite difficult.”

We love watching his mesmerizing freestyles. Catch him going for a World Title rocking two Turningpoint x YYF Protons and our Ammo string.

Here’s a video of Patrick.

Also, Igor Kamarskiy is our ambassador to the Russian yoyo community. He is involved with organizing yoyo competitions and helping to grow yoyoing in Moscow. We are super pleased to have him on the team and help build our presence in Russia.

Here’s a video of Igor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Miwi4R0PBVQ

Wow, he has a double sponsorship!

We are releasing a new string formula in conjunction with Worlds.

Stay tuned for more hypey details.

Awesome!

Yes! Is it a Worlds Exclusive ?

It will be first available at Worlds, and shortly afterwards available at YYE.

Get ready for a new Signature String…

Announcing Eric Koloski’s Signature String collaboration with YoYoStringLab:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/9426871336_10b6d61164_o.jpg
Venom YoYo String by YoYoStringLab, on Flickr

looks SCARY

If you are going to Worlds, Erik Bjork’s mom will have samples of Venom for people to try. She will have a YYSL hat on to help you find her.

This string is really tuned for comp. It’s not at thick as AMMO, but it slacks really great, which is perfect for Eric Koloski’s style. Kyle Derry from the team really likes it for comp too.

How did I miss this!?! Man I’m gonna get some Venom soon. How much would a 100 pack cost?

It’s comming to YYE in tubes of 10. No 100’s at this point.