yoyo string lab AWESOME!

I recently stumbled upon a relatively new string maker, and I am very impressed with the quality, durability, silkiness, ease at which it holds an open loop, and overall playability; not to mention the guy who runs it is a really cool dude who responds to your questions on the fly and ships out pronto. Here is a link to the website. This is magical stuff :wink:

http://www.yoyostringlab.com/

1 Like

Cool, thanks man. The site looks pretty cool. Iā€™m gonna have to pick some of this up and try it out for myself

I just might have to check this out

Cool i think I saw this on Facebook too.

Agreed on the title.

Just got ahold of some type 1 and type 2 string, and I have to agree! This stuff is awesome. It holds itā€™s shape and thickness well, and itā€™s very comfortable on the hand. Doesnā€™t wear on my throw hand as fast as other strings Iā€™ve tried lately, and the Type 1 doesnā€™t accidentally bind at all, and the Type 2, while it does occasionally bind up on a thumb grind, has a good meaty feel to it and doesnā€™t thin out as quickly as 50/50 slick 8 string. And itā€™s very slick, no problems with the texture, like Iā€™ve been experiencing with Toxic String, which looks better, but is very rough. All in all, I think Iā€™ve found my favorite new stringā€¦

I love it, just not neon orange, as I feel it dies too fast(only getting 3-4hrs) but the same formula(type 2) in roasted peppers is my favorite along with orangy yellow. I still havenā€™t killed the roasted peppers yet got 10+hrs on one and it looks like a super version of highlight after a couple of throws(a little fuzz but still pretty)

There is a new formula, Type X coming out very soon. This is the newest string that was created to step up performance to the next level. The feel starts just a bit rougher, but it whips really well and plays fast. Serious players tend to rate this string the finest YYSL yet, although Iā€™m sure people will have different favorites.

Also, Iā€™ve got some new stickers:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6654345037_e4d2e9dc1c_z.jpg

I have had the exact same opinion. I also had the yellow/green color(not sure on name) and it has also lasted less than roasted peppers. Still, itā€™s an awesome string, canā€™t wait for type X

Iā€™ve tried them, theyre AWESOME! (Does anyone know if theyā€™ll make a yo-yo like Toxic Strings? Thatā€™d be interesting. . .)

Hmmmā€¦ I have been focusing on making string that hits a sweet spot, but itā€™s not out of the range of possibilities to make a yoyo down the line. I would love the creative and engineering challenges.

I bought some strings at Cal-States.

Great stuff! Love the stickers too!!!

Got some lemon-lime type x soo dreamy

Thanks!  They will be available at BAC too.  Of course, people can always get them here at YYE: Yo-Yo String Lab - Type X String ā€“ YoYoExpert

Back when I started producing Type X someone who already really liked Type1 and Type2 sent me some comments about the different types that people might find helpful:

"I got the package of full-blown Type X today and Iā€™m extremely surprised with it.Ā  I spent a lot more time throwing the first batch you sent me (the yellow ones) and fell in love with them.Ā  Now that the finished product is here Iā€™m even happier with it.

It feels very thick at first, but gets about 20% thinner after an hour of play.Ā  The whipping potential of this stuff is much better than Type 1, Type 2, and the hybrid yellow string you sent me.Ā  It makes a serious ā€œwhooshā€ sound when whipped and moves very quickly, but also holds stable slack and doesnā€™t act on itā€™s own.Ā  [Other makerā€™s string] seems to move in weird ways because of itā€™s ā€œcord-likeā€ nature.Ā  Type X feels a bit like a solid cord, but is much more flexible and easy to control.

The suicide loops arenā€™t as easy to catch as Type 1, but they are right on par with Type 2.Ā  They do move a lot faster, though, so tricks like Double Suicide and Back Hops Suicide are easier and much smoother.Ā  Type X really shines when played quickly.Ā  Type 1 is perfect for someone with a relaxed style, while Type 2 is better for someone who does a lot of tech and chopsticks work.Ā  Type X seems to blend the two perfectly, but ramp up the speed.Ā  I seriously think this stuff will become the competition string of choice for any serious throwers who try it out."

I was glad about his resonse to the new string, but wasnā€™t sure about his prediction in that last sentence.Ā  That was until I found out that Andrew was using Type X when he placed first at RI States: