Looking for String Testers

Update: I have my 10 testers. Thank you to everyone for their interest.

One of the things I enjoy about purchasing new yoyos is matching the string to the colorway. This had been pretty easy to do until my wife gave me an Earth Spin Blizzard CLYW Puffin for my birthday a few months ago. The only color that matched it was plain white. I tried that and didn’t like it at all. After reading most of the string making information on YYE I decided I’d give it a try.

After about a month of trial and error I’ve produced some string that I’m pretty happy with and I’ve gone on to match the colorways of about 8 or 9 different throws. Although I have no intention of ever selling string, I’d really like to know what people think about the string I’m making.

I make three different string variations named simply: type 1, type 2, and type 3. They are not significantly different, just variations on the same theme. I’m looking for 10 testers. Each will be sent 3 strings, 1 of each type and I just want your honest opinion of them: good, bad or otherwise. The strings will be sent to the testers at no charge. To keep costs down I can only ship to testers with a US postal address.

Unfortunately, I have to limit it to 10. I make each string one at a time by hand so I don’t have enough time to support a larger test group. I’m looking for input from throwers with a variety of skill levels. If you’d like to be considered please PM me the following information:

• Skill Level: Describe in your own words
  • Yoyo(s) and Colorway(s) you plan to test with
  • Types of String you’ve used: Toxic, YYSL, etc

If you have any questions PM me or reply to this post.

Thank you for your interest!

CLYW Puffin (Earth Spin Blizzard)

G2 Quake (Deep Woods)

1 Like

Pm’d!

1 Like

PM’D!

1 Like

Pm’d!

1 Like

Pmd

1 Like

Pm’d

1 Like

I’ll pm you as well, just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

pm’d earlier.

1 Like

PM’d!

1 Like

I want to thank everyone who pm’d me. I will be sending each of the selected testers a message shortly with more info.

Thanks again,

J

1 Like

Do you hand twist these or use a drill?

1 Like

I use a variable speed drill.

1 Like

Missed the boat, but this is something I find really cool. I have a lady (twisted Stringz) that is awesome and does custom, but she is the only one to this point I see doing it. It’s nice to see others doing this now as there seems to be a lot of people interested just not a lot of people offering this service! Good luck and always nice to see someone giving back!

Very nice job on your color matches on your yoyos.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the strings I just finished for tester abby1371.

Halloween, Sour Apple, Mixed Berry

3 Likes

Nice looking colors.

1 Like

ooh those look good! I’m excited.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the strings I just finished for tester RGTproyoyo to match some of his CLYW throws.

Special Edition Canvas, Hulk Smash, Harrison Hurricane

1 Like

here is my string with my yoyo, looks pretty cool ;D I will review the strings after I have used them also !

1 Like

Very nice looking!

1 Like

Two more sets of test string done.

For pudge34:

For Bcmaddog:

1 Like