Looking for String Testers

SICK MAN!

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Looks so nice!

1 Like

I Just finished some six color string for tester johnthejwolfe to match his multi-colored Macrocosm. This string is by far the most difficult string Iā€™ve tried to make. I wonā€™t be doing it again until Iā€™ve had time to make a new rig that support six strings. My current setup only designed for three.

1 Like

Alright well I have finished using the strings, so this is my review.

1. Rank the strings in order of preference: 1-3 (best - worst)
for me it would be Type 2,1, and 3.

2. What do you like about them?
I like that they are very well made. The colors matched fantastically, and it was a joy using them. type 2 was the best balance between being whippy and tension, so that was definitely my favorite. Type 1 was soft and allowed for a very relaxed type of play. That can be good for a regular throw session. Type 3 was rougher than the other ones and could be used for fast playing like competitions per say, and it had good tension for slacks and whips.

3. What do you dislike about them?
I do not dislike anything in particular. They just seemed a tiny bit short for my perfect length, but it was not that bad :wink:

4. Any Suggestion for improvement?
Just make them longer haha.

5. Any Comparisons to other string youā€™ve used?
Not in particular, although type 1 was kind of a thinner type of Great whites that I have used, but that is the only one that I would compare it to.

6. How long did each type last with regard to both look and play?
for me type 1 lasted for about 5 hours of straight yoyo play. However, type 2 and 3 lasted about 6 or 7 so they are more durable.

7. Did you notice a break in period, if so how did it change as a result?
I did not notice any break.

8. Any other comments.
Just keep making strings, and thank you for letting me test them!

1 Like

Ok. Not tryin to be lazy but these were pretty much exactly my thoughts. One thing I noticed about these strings is that they are wound incredibly tight, but look better than any string Iā€™ve ever used. I would only try to make them heavier and better for whips. Other than that they are AMAZING.

1 Like

Thanks for the reviews. Based on the feedback Iā€™ve been getting Iā€™m working on making the tension more consistent. The process I was using led to some of the strings being back wound too tightly. I made some changes that will hopefully eliminate this. Iā€™ve also started making them slightly thicker.

As far as length goes, I had been shooting for 48" which is the length of standard kitty strings. Any suggestions for the ideal length?

Same here. Not lazy.

But they are almost perfect! The Type 2 wasnā€™t my favorite thoā€¦

Type 1 if it was a TAD softer then it would be perfect!!!

1 Like

Alright, as for the previous review, it says a lot I agree with. However, Iā€™ll add a couple of my own points

1. They were all good! They all bad their own sense of style.
    Type one and two I feel weā€™re fairly similar, however type two felt ā€œstifferā€ when played. And type 3 felt like type 2, but even more so ā€œstiffā€. However, this could be used to help land tricks nicely, so itā€™s not necessarily bad, but for certain styles, or different play it could be switched up

2. They all were good at whips and slacks. However, they landed them differently, so the compensating had to be done. But 1 helped with the flowyness/speed/execution, and 3 I feel would help most with learning (2 being the middle ground)

The tension seemed fine on mine, but after a bit of use, one and 3 I feel started to burn the most.

And excellent color execution as well! I only was using it with my Sakura (dominant throw right now), so they had a variation with blues, grays, whites, and blacks.

So, Iā€™d give them a 9/10! Iā€™d suggest a little easier on the hands, and a bit longer, but other than that, great job!

As for length, Iā€™m a bit taller, and like my string longer. So I wanna say 4.5 to 5 feet would be best

1 Like

Going off of what was already said. The strings would have been a bazillion times better if they were a few inches longer, but besides that the strings were great. The softest string in my opinion was type 2, but it was also the least vibrant out of all of the 3 types. Type 1 and 3 were both quite rough, and they easily have me string burn, but in my opinion, they looked the best out of all three.
Type 1 and 3 kept their tension quite nicely, though type 2 held better for slack tricks. I would tell you about how they kept their shape in suicides, but I still canā€™t figure out suicides. Others than that the strings were sent wonderfully, and I thank you for letting me try them. If you do end up selling these, I think the only thing that you would want to do is add more length and they would be perfect.

1 Like

Like Legyoyo said maybe 4.5 - 5 ft would be perfect!