Yoyos that some of you are sleeping on

I gotta say that some yoyos are getting majorly slept on. In an over saturated market this totally makes sense, but I felt the need to list a couple yoyos that I keep coming back to that don’t have any hype around them at all.

OD Gauntlet - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; the Gauntlet is a beast. In a market that absolutely praises the Grail, Life and MC, I can’t see why this thing isn’t talked about more. It has the float of the Grail and improved stability. Easily accessible. Maybe accessibility is the problem?

SYY Hella Ratchet - this thing is unique, powerful, floaty, organic and speedy. I absolutely love this thing and I had no idea I’d enjoy it based off always seeing them super cheap on the BST.

There’s others also, but these two stick out the most to me. Go ahead and add what you feel is being slept on :sleeping:

11 Likes

The YYF MVP! Looks kinda ridiculous, but man is it good!

11 Likes

The 2Sick Bishop is one that is an awesome throw that I hear no one talk about. It’s a real top notch player. Just look at em.

5 Likes

Sengoku and C3

YYO were def slept on back when there weren’t a lot of budget metals on the market

5 Likes

The old Nobunaga doesn’t mess around.

See I personally couldn’t get behind the nobunaga :/. I think it was just too sharp or a catch.

2 Likes

I know it was technically a one time limited release, but the one drop mantis it’s just an all-around fun yoyo. It feels rock solid, and it’s 7075. If they ever pop up on the BST, it would be a nice addition to anyone’s collection.

(p.s. it’s my avatar picture)

6 Likes

I’ll 2nd the Bishop! Great throw!

2 Likes

lol I have memories of back when it was announced and stuff. I was really hyped for it and anticipated getting one, but never did. I really hope OD (or someone else) does it again :smiley:

the mantis was released…2 years ago?

3 Likes

We need another blind box Mantis / Marquis style release @da5id and @The_Machinist!! Those are fun!

I assume it will also start with the letter “M” because… MYSTERY :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Yaaas this. Plz take my money.

2 Likes

Yeah, its a fun one, I keep seeing them on the bst and it puzzles me. I think a lot of people wound up getting them as a cheap/free addition when they bought something from G2 and so they just don’t give it a real chance.

I really like everything done by 2sick, I’ve been trying to get my hands on all them before others realize that @yomagic’s throws are under-appreciated. (Did I just say that out loud?) The grandmaster lives up to its name, and given all the buzz around organic throws I can’t believe this thing is still in stock. The real sleeper out of the lot is the fianchetto, a slightly slim pocketable titanium with breathtaking anodization. I love the way it plays. Why is there still a couple available on YYE?

@chaosgow’s opyoyos 543 is still available, and he only made 30 of them. This thing is premium in every sense of the word, and plays so nice. It’s price is a little steep for a monometal, but 100% worth it. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next.

6 Likes

I have a feeling this would be uncomfortable and you’d probably end up with back and or neck pain when you woke up.

11 Likes

You want to go slimline for sure.

4 Likes

Love OPYOYOS credo. That width and price though…

1 Like

Is That why I keep on waking up with such a sore back!??

6 Likes

Yoyofactory dropped another bimetal for around a hundred bucks?

7 Likes

Lmaooooo

But they are doing one “cheaper than the marco” for betty

2 Likes

Yo-yo empire little fox 2 is one of the best undersized I’ve ever found, extremely stable and powerful, and inexpensive

2sick Promotion - very nice bi-metal V with a fantastic floaty feel. There is a sort of elegance to it that just makes me feel like im using some business executive’s yoyo.

Yotricks/YYF Canon - Seems to me like everyone ignores this budget throw, but it plays really well balanced. It is definitely not just a 5a yoyo. Even I sleep on this yoyo, but whenever I revisit it im always surprised at how well it plays.

2 Likes